News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Beautiful out, and every bit of 80 degrees.  In the first week of February.  Exactly a week after we had winter weather advisories and highs in the 30s.  We've gone from winter to near-summer weather, with no intervening period of pleasant temperatures.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Harlow2

From frigid to Spring!  Not hot, 50s, just right. (Not really February weather, but beats howling cold of last week.

AmLitHist

Heavy rain and 50s overnight; lower 40s and high winds this morning. I'm used to driving in wind, and my new (to me) car is a small Buick SUV. While I've felt the wind in it more than in my old Malibu, it's not been a problem--until this morning, when crosswinds were a steady 45 mph with gusts over 55.  I was white-knuckling it and driving slow (~60-65 on the interstate). After I'd just passed a semi, the wind caught me and blew me from the left lane, across his lane, and onto the shoulder.  Scared the crap out of me, and I imagine it didn't do the trucker much good, either.

Juvenal

Dank, gray, chill.  Not cold, but there's an uncommon wind from a direction that brings to me the rotting reek of a composting facility in a nearby town.  Fortunately, the usual wind is from a more neutral direction.  What DOES New Jersey smell like?
Cranky septuagenarian

Langue_doc

Not bad, almost fifty today. Mid fifties tomorrow and around 45 on Saturday, which should be good weather for my bird walk.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

lightning

The weather is awesome, today. I don't need a thick heavy jacket and the air is very crisp.

Langue_doc

Around 60, it's so balmy that people are wearing early fall outfits. I even saw someone in shorts.

hmaria1609

Almost the end of February and no snow. Doesn't look any better for March:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2023/02/any-hope-for-snow-in-d-c/

sinenomine

I was surprised to wake up to snow. It must have surprised the road crews as well — it's taking longer than usual for them to get out there with the sanders.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ergative

Forecast is promising a row of (partly) sunny days, highs in the upper 40s, lows around freezing. The temperatures are typical for this time of year, but the sun is very exciting.

apl68

We had our final winter day last Friday.  We're looking at highs in the upper 70s and 80s all this week, except for one day that is supposed to dip suddenly.  As has become the norm in recent years, we're going straight from what passed for winter into summer, with little in the way of mild spring temperatures.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Juvenal

Quote from: ergative on February 21, 2023, 05:04:50 AM
Forecast is promising a row of (partly) sunny days, highs in the upper 40s, lows around freezing. The temperatures are typical for this time of year, but the sun is very exciting.

And the moon says, "Be calm."
Cranky septuagenarian

AmLitHist

It feels like tornado weather here--sultry since early this morning.  They say we might then get ice by Saturday.  Sigh.

hmaria1609