Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

The storm has now passed
Leaving grey skies and puddles
And lingering winds
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Juvenal

What looks like a nor'easter on the way.  But just some wind and some rain, and no crystalline stuff.  It might be dramatic enough for me to get up at three a.m. and sit (sheltered, because the wind will be behind the house) on my stoop and reflect on... well, "Existence and fragility of, when the inevitable life storms come."  And then begin to think about what's for today's breakfast.  Priorities, please!

Cranky septuagenarian

hmaria1609

Rain most of the day.  Saw some snow in the mix but it didn't stick.

Harlow2

sinenomine

Another 6-7 inches of snow fell overnight after 9 inches earlier this week, and it's still coming down. First day of Spring Break, ironically!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

hmaria1609

Elevated risk for brush fires for the DC region today:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2023/03/dry-canadian-air-mass-elevates-brush-fire-danger/
Posted on WTOP online 3/7/23

apl68

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

75 degrees here on Monday. Woke up today to rain with some sleet and snow mixed in.

lightning

Argghh!! It snowed . . . 

ergative

Cold snap this week. Sub-freezing temperatures and snow last night. So, naturally, this week is when our floor guy put down the stain and starts varnishing, and recommends leaving windows open because of fumes.

sinenomine

About 6 inches of heavy, wet snow so far, and snow is forecast to continue for at least 12 more hours. Lots of power outages, including towns nearby that are 100% dark.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Wind, rain, and a leak in the roof.  It cant change over to Snow fast enough from my tastes.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

apl68

After that preview of summer we had in February, we've had a couple of days of quite cool weather.  We haven't quite been having frost overnight, but after that wildly unseasonable weather in February it feels colder than it is.  I'm just glad we're not going straight into summer a few months too early after all.  The last couple of days have been beautiful out.

We have a major outdoor event planned for Thursday that looks like it is likely to be rained out.

hmaria1609

Wind gusts all yesterday through today.  Enough for a regional wind advisory!
The cherry blossoms at DC's Tidal Basin are expected to bloom soon:
https://wtop.com/national-cherry-blossom-festival/2023/03/dc-cherry-blossoms-expected-to-reach-peak-bloom-next-week/
Spring has arrived.

Wahoo Redux

We finally had a week of winter weather in March.  Now it is back to bright and frigid. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.