News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I just discovered a tick crawling up my arm. *shudder*

I guess that's what we get for unseasonably warm weather (not that I'm into that, either).
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

It is extremely foggy today.  Can't see the mountains at all, can barely see parts of the yard.  It's been dreary for a few days now.  Nice staying-in weather.

apl68

Most of the week has been drizzly and chilly.  Fairly normal winter weather here.  Whenever I start to think of how dreary the weather is, I remind myself that it's a nice change to get precipitation in the form of something other than destructive storms and downpours.

Which appear to be on their way in another couple of days, along with extreme temperature spikes as high as 70 degrees.  The sort of thing that had never happened here in January until four or five years ago.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

wellfleet

Storm's a-coming! There's a huge atmospheric river pointed at California, bringing lots of precipitation (rain and snow) over the next few days. Here's hoping the mudslides don't get too bad.
One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

Parasaurolophus

Snow today, although it just turned to rain.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

I hope there aren't bad mudslides, wellfleet!

It was windy yesterday, but whoa nellie is it windy today.  Couldn't see the mountains due to fog a couple days ago, and now we can't see them due to dust or haze from the wind stirring things up.  The wind is consistently strong with stronger gusts,so I'm glad that my noisy computer somewhat covers the noise.  It reminds me too much of some of the storms out east, but I have to remember they are better prepared for wind here.  Still, it is very disturbing.

Harlow2

A long run of sun.  A bit chilly and windy here in the Mid-Atlantic, but I've been able to be out on the trail with friends nearly every day for the past 2 weeks. 

apl68

Stormy, and the temperature has spiked to nearly 70 degrees.  After a couple of weeks of at least vaguely seasonable January weather it feels almost sweltering out.  The extended forecast calls for a sudden drop back to seasonable temperatures in a couple of days, then another spike a couple of days after that.  Spring has arrived!

The scary thing is, this January we've actually had more wintery conditions than in some recent "winters" we've had.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

We're getting a light snow this evening followed by rain. More accumulation to the west and north of the metro DC area.

ergative

Back down below freezing overnight, with frost in the morning lingering in shady areas all day. I had a lovely sunny walk this afternoon, but I'm really ready for spring.

mamselle

Suddenly colder.

Brrrrrrrr.....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

Today's forecast is snow, sleet, and freezing rain. The light snowfall is now turning into ice, as evident from the icy coating on the windshields of the cars outside.

Am I glad to be teaching online!

mamselle

It's snewed last night...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Snow again today, which is nice. There's not much winter here, but it's nice to get what we get.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

Very nice out today.  Still creepily unseasonable, but it would be churlish to complain about a day like this.