News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I hear it's snowing north of the border, but here it's actually rather calm, warm-ish, and dry.

Odd to have spring weather in March here....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quite fierce thunderstorms, with a tornado watch.  Not too unusual in March here.  A tornado struck elsewhere in the state this morning and seriously injured a couple of people.  So far our power lines have held up.

We needed the rain.  We've had such a dry winter that we had an outdoor burn ban in February.  Only a few years ago people were talking about how unprecedented it was to have a burn ban in March!  A few weeks ago we had a brush fire very close to town that scorched about 80 acres.  In our state that's rare even in the summer.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

clean

March isnt even over, and we will hit 92 today! 
we have had wind warnings for the last 2 days!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

Back to the 20s this AM...up to 49 right now, and it might get a bit warmer by tomorrow....

The usual, in other words.

Don't like the weather?

Wait a minute...

M.   

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

EdnaMode

When I left the house this AM, it was 70 and raining, with a wind advisory for gusts upwards of 50 mph. It's meant to snow tonight and tomorrow. Yep. All the seasons in the span of a day.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

D@mnD@n1el

Right now it is 55 degrees fahrenheit, the precipitation is 3%, the humidity is 85%, and the wind is 1 mph.
The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

- Albert Einstein

hmaria1609

Wild weather last night. There was a tornado confirmed too:
https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2022/04/tornado-touched-down-in-tysons-corner-on-thursday-nws-says/
Posted on WTOP Radio 4/1/22
Lots of down trees and wires around the DC area too.

apl68

In a grey overcast
A ragged hole of blue sky
Look!  The sun peeped through
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

It was beautiful today! It was in the high 70s and we'll get a repeat tomorrow.

dismalist

Quote from: hmaria1609 on April 12, 2022, 07:04:20 PM
It was beautiful today! It was in the high 70s and we'll get a repeat tomorrow.

I love global warming [NoVa]! :-)

Cheers to hmaria.

[From you I learnt of the existence of WTOP. It's, like, news and information! No opinions. Very helpful.]
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

It mi-i-i-ight be getting warmer.

I co-o-o-o-uld desist from raining every AM  that I think I'll get to take a walk...

But I'm not counting on it until June, or whenever it happens--whichever comes first...

M.

apl68

More or less seasonable temperatures (on the high end of the seasonable range), and lots of rain and thunder and lightning overnight.  A brief power outage seems to have knocked out our HVAC chiller once again, the day after we had yet another expensive service call to get it running.  The worst storms are predicted to come this afternoon.  People are nervous.

Morden

A couple days ago it was very nice (say 64F); now it is 14F. Oh well.

apl68

I've heard a rumor that our local schools are letting out early because of the weather.  According to their web site, they will allow parents to come get individual children early, and might possibly have to board the buses late if bad weather hits at closing time.  About par for the course for the grapevine, I guess.

A staff member who is normally off-duty on Wednesdays, but comes to pick up her paycheck, hasn't shown up.  I suspect she's afraid to get out.  She gets awfully fearful whenever there's the least hint of bad weather in the forecast.

Langue_doc

It was supposed to be sunny today--I think it was sunny earlier today, but there's dense fog now with the sound of foghorns in the background.

ETA: Just saw the news about the tornado in Texas. Hope everyone in the area is safe.