News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

I've been completely wet after walks as well, but not from rain!  For the past week the extended forecast keeps telling us that highs in the 80s are just around the corner.  And every day it stubbornly refuses to get below the 90s.  If anything, the past couple of days have only gotten worse due to rising humidity.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

apl68

We recently at last had a couple of days with highs in the (upper) 80s.  Now we're back up into the 90s, with the extended forecast calling for temperatures in the mid- to upper-90s all next week. Heat index will of course be over 100. That means that this September we will have had a solid majority of not only hot but blistering hot days.  Maybe in October we can at least get down into the 80s?
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ergative

Sorry to hear it, apl68. We've definitely edged into autumn in my neck of the woods. Low of 40 forecast for tonight, and even on sunny days it barely breaks 60. Fortunately we have nice big south-facing windows, so the sun does warm things up nicely with a safe, domestic, greenhouse effect.

mamselle

It's about ten degrees cooler here than it was last week (sorry, apl68!) and I'm starting to add an extra sweater on walks and consider an extra blanket at night.

Mostly dry--the river's back down to the level it was before, the brook that feeds it looks even lower and is starting to look stagnant and smell a bit, meaning, the upper waters that feed it are 'way down.

Almost no waterbirds on the brook this AM and only a few more on the river; in the past three years since I started walking this pathway in the AMs, that's the fewest I've seen at almost any time but midwinter.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

It's been pretty nice and even cool for this area for the past 10 days or so.  That ends this weekend--forecasts of 90 for the weekend, and maybe even 96-97 by early next week.

Harlow2

Mid-80s, bluebird skies, cool enough at night finally to open windows. Ahhhhh.

Juvenal

Equinox very soon, but what happens in the sky has minimal (not no) relevance to matters in bed, but, it looks as if a sheet, alone, will be quite enough, windows open, for days to come.  The blanket is on standby, and maybe not for much longer.

You do know that of the ten most common birthdates, nine are in September?  Cooling down from all that early January heating up.
Cranky septuagenarian

Langue_doc

Gorgeous weather this weekend. Today was slightly warmer than yesterday, but the weather on both days was perfect for birding.

mamselle

Quote from: Juvenal on September 18, 2022, 02:53:51 PM
Equinox very soon, but what happens in the sky has minimal (not no) relevance to matters in bed, but, it looks as if a sheet, alone, will be quite enough, windows open, for days to come.  The blanket is on standby, and maybe not for much longer.

You do know that of the ten most common birthdates, nine are in September?  Cooling down from all that early January heating up.

Your last note made me remember the spate of births recorded in NYC nine months after the blackout in the...60s? 70s?

;--}

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Extended forecast is calling for a solid week of temperatures in the mid-upper 90s.  As our forecast highs normally seem to err on the side of caution, it will almost certainly break 100.  I was sweltering on my morning walk even before the sun came up.  I had really thought that we would have some relief from the worst of the summer heat by late this month, but it's like July now.  It's getting demoralizing.

mamselle

Oh, dear. Sorry.

I came to report coolness...

M.

hmaria1609

Larimar

Ah, the first beautiful, comfortable day of Fall! Clear, blue skies, temperatures in the sixties, gentle breeze. Hope it lasts as long as possible!

mamselle

Cool, getting cooler; windy, getting windy-er.

I'm inside so I don't mind.

M.

apl68

A little milder yesterday, and mild this morning.  The highs today and tomorrow are still supposed to be in the mid-90s.  The coming week is supposed to be much cooler.  I want so badly for that to be true!  But the extended forecast has predicted cooling multiple times in the past month, only for that to evaporate as the date approaches.