News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Stormy with chance of waterspouts, which is exciting.
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

EdnaMode

30 degrees, 20-30 mph winds, snow showers off and on.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

apl68

Beautiful, and the mornings have actually felt like fall!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

sinenomine

Mid-30s with lazily drifting snow flurries.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 17, 2020, 09:36:08 AM
Stormy with chance of waterspouts, which is exciting.

Whoa!

I saw a waterspout once, in 1973, as the train to Paris was going into a tunnel near Genoa, Italy.

By the time we got out, we were three hills past the viewing point from which we might have spotted it again.

I always wondered what happened.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

kaysixteen

Waterspouts on what body of water?

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on November 17, 2020, 11:07:00 AM

I saw a waterspout once, in 1973, as the train to Paris was going into a tunnel near Genoa, Italy.

Wow!

Quote from: kaysixteen on November 17, 2020, 08:47:14 PM
Waterspouts on what body of water?

The Pacific Ocean.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

We had a nice blanket of frost this morning.  First time this season.  There was fog rising like steam from the pond at the city park.  And the sky was beautifully clear.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

Lows here got down into the upper teens last night--first of the season.

hmaria1609

Cold enough for a Hypothermia Alert in the city tonight.

lillipat

Super-grey, with the first real snow starting yesterday afternoon and continuing until mid-morning today.  My mother used to say that the date of the first measurable snowfall predicted how many times there would be snow that winter.  If that's the case, we're looking at 30 distinct snow events! (Of course, mother wasn't a meteorologist.  She taught junior high math and helped to rebuild pipe organs, neither of which gives her any cred as a weather prophet.)

Harlow2

ergative

Sleet overnight and this morning; cold gray rain all day. Overnight lows forecast near freezing all week, but no proper snow. Ick.