News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Chilly and mostly overcast, but not frosty.  With no frost in the forecast.  We only get a handful of frosts a year anymore.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

evil_physics_witchcraft

hmaria1609

It started raining as I left the library this evening. It'll be raining overnight.

Vkw10

It's chilly again tonight, in the 30s. We haven't gotten down to freezing this fall, but I did switch the HVAC system over to heat this week.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

Pretty chilly here, too, so we still have the heat on.  We usually turn it off in early evening to let the house cool down on its own before turning the AC on for sleep.  But it just feels too cold tonight!

sinenomine

Nebulous — the forecasters in my area are struggling to decide whether we'll have rain, snow, or a mix, and how much of whatever it turns out to be.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Quote from: sinenomine on December 05, 2020, 06:35:35 AM
Nebulous — the forecasters in my area are struggling to decide whether we'll have rain, snow, or a mix, and how much of whatever it turns out to be.

The correct forecast here was - Yes.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Puget

First major nor'easter of the season. It keeps shifting between wet snow and sleet and is blowing hard enough to rattle the windows in this old house of mine, but the storm windows are doing their job. Exceedingly grateful to be snug at home in front of the fire, with a pot of veggie chili underway.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

apl68

Temperatures are forecast to race up into the upper 60s this week.  Unheard of in December less than a decade ago, now the norm.  It always does that when I'm planning my main Christmas shopping.  It doesn't feel much like Christmas.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ab_grp

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on December 04, 2020, 11:47:25 AM
Chilly, rainy and gross.

Now we've got this situation going on.  Ugh, it is so dreary.

apl68

The forecast for warm weather exceeded itself!  It's now well into the 70s.  In December.  This isn't Florida.  It's not supposed to be this way.

Then again, you can't really complain about a day this lovely out.  We're supposed to have dreary rain tomorrow.

Vkw10

73 and sunny today. Time for a walk.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Parasaurolophus

Just above freezing and rainy here all day. On another side of the island, however, it's been snowing.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

Chilly morning, upper 60s for today's high, unseasonably warm with a chance of storms tomorrow.  Then it's supposed to drop back to somewhat seasonable temperatures for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

At the moment it's clear and pretty out.

apl68

Mild and sunny out.  A perfect spring day during the last week of the year.

The beauty is currently marred by a Tholian web of condensation trails above our town.  It's the Air National Guard again, raising impious war in Heaven.