What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

FishProf

Pretty hot, but VERY humid.  Yucka.

And I have to be working outside today.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

hmaria1609

apl68

Not so hot here, by local standards, but very humid.  Felt pretty nice while riding my bike a little before sundown.  Even the light rain I got caught in felt pleasant at first.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

Hothothot. Hot like late August back east, except that's not supposed to happen here,and the sun is out from like 05h00 to 22h00. I went out to the garden at 07h00 and it was already too hot to be out.  A town a few hours to the east recorded the hottest temperature ever recorded in this country.

The hatchling is wearing a wet cape (not cloak)... all day long.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Very, very rainy.  That is pretty unusual here, so I'm glad not to be on the roads.  But at least we are getting a break from the typical 100+ temps for a few days.  I hope those of you in your more unusual heat wave also get some relief soon.

evil_physics_witchcraft

It has been hotter than Hades. Humidity is over 50% and temps feel like they're in the low 90's F. I make sure to bring a cooler of water out to the students who garden with me. It's been brutal!!!

lightning

also hot here. I like walking, to do errands, but I'm going to schedule those errands for the evenings.

mamselle

Getting up at 5 so I can be walking by 6 and back by 7:30, before the heat builds up.

It got up to 95 today, we're promised 97 tomorrow.

Thankfully, it's cool inside.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 28, 2021, 08:02:47 AM
A town a few hours to the east recorded the hottest temperature ever recorded in this country.

That was yesterday. Today it broke its own record (118.22F).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 28, 2021, 10:10:03 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 28, 2021, 08:02:47 AM
A town a few hours to the east recorded the hottest temperature ever recorded in this country.

That was yesterday. Today it broke its own record (118.22F).

Yesterday it broke its record again (121.28F).

Today, it's being consumed by a wildfire.
I know it's a genus.

dismalist

Quote from: hmaria1609 on July 01, 2021, 07:25:13 PM
Heavy storms passed through the region and lots of damage:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2021/07/flash-flood-watch-issued-severe-thunderstorms-expected-in-the-region-thursday/

Yet again we got the emergency notifications on the radio once the storm had passed.  This, too, is useful information!

Glad the National Weather Service was paying proper attention.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

Yeah, storms and a nice temperature drop here, too.

It's 68 now.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.