News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

Harlow2

Appropriately cool and sunny here in the Philly metro area today.  Warmer tomorrow, but just a tad.

We have now bottomed out at our earliest sunset time of 4:35 her in Philly metro, and startingTuesday our sunset times get later by a minute every 3 days. Yay!  (Still losing light in the morning though)

apl68

Nearly 80 on Friday, and stormy.  Clear with a good frost on Sunday morning, and didn't warm up all that much.  Frosty again this morning.  Temperatures forecast to rocket back up into the mid-70s for most of the week, then drop to vaguely seasonal levels by the weekend. 

As of about 10 years ago I don't think we'd ever seen temperatures in the 70s during the winter months.  Now they're becoming more the norm than frost.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

And, thankfully, no issues from the tornadoes, it sounds like.

Good news at least in that direction.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

25cm of snow (about 2cm down now). It's a lot for a place that doesn't see more than, like, 5cm normally, and that in February. Just took the car down our (I shit you not) 80-degree driveway, and was glad for the snow tires.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

They're calling snow-ow-ow-ow-----ow-ow-ow (imagine Jeanette 'n' Eddie)...

...but so far, nada.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

lilyb

A string of 60 degree and sunny days here. Living in a city that's always a frontrunner for the Golden Snow Globe contest (snowiest city in US), I should be grateful.

But this is so UNNATURAL. Global warming is feeling very real.

apl68

Quote from: lilyb on December 18, 2021, 08:03:44 AM
A string of 60 degree and sunny days here. Living in a city that's always a frontrunner for the Golden Snow Globe contest (snowiest city in US), I should be grateful.

But this is so UNNATURAL. Global warming is feeling very real.

I know what you mean.  Where we live white Christmases have historically been very rare.  I've seen two in half a century.  But until about a decade ago it was at least normally chilly around Christmas.  The extended forecast is now calling for highs in the mid-70s on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We'll almost certainly never see a white Christmas again here.  Maybe never even a cool and cozy one.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 17, 2021, 09:16:01 PM
25cm of snow (about 2cm down now). It's a lot for a place that doesn't see more than, like, 5cm normally, and that in February. Just took the car down our (I shit you not) 80-degree driveway, and was glad for the snow tires.

Lies: it's freezing rain.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

It's a gray day that looks like rain, but apparently we may have snow tonight! We have gotten one or two very, very minimal snowfalls each year, so we'll see. 

Parasaurolophus, I feel you on the driveway.  Ours is also quite steep, which is why I am so glad not to really get snow or freezing rain here! I can't even imagine trying to navigate that.  Be careful out there!

mamselle

I haven't been out today (presentations online indoors) but a friend just said we've got the slushy-sidewalk-blues, too.

I had heard here on Sunday that it was coming--starting to think this guy might be kind of good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1kW8dtvqnY

M.

hmaria1609

Hypothermia alert activated last night.
Got a x-large Hershey's hot chocolate at the local gas station on my way to the library--great for a cold and frosty morning!

mamselle

kk-k-k-c-c-c-cooooollllllddddd....

It was 18 F when I awoke, it's 'gone up' (?) to 28 F now. ('Up'? that's a crawl in a diagonally miniscule direction in my book...)

Humph.

M. 

apl68

Our extended forecast just keeps climbing.  Today was chilly, but we're looking at highs in the upper 70s and low 80s for the next week.  They're now forecasting 80 degrees on Christmas day.  Not the end of the world, but a pretty good indication that we can see it from here.

mamselle