News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneMoreYear

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on July 14, 2022, 04:56:20 PM
The past few days months have SUCKED. That is all.

That's how it's been here.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on July 15, 2022, 03:19:40 AM
My Bride has now tested POSITIVE!
FIL on Thursday
MIL on Sunday night
BIL on Monday afternoon
Bride on Wednesday (results returned on Thursday).

I think that I will take a rapid test on Saturday if I continue to feel that I am improving.  I have an appointment (virtual) with Primary Doc's office on Monday afternoon (made when I started getting a burning in my chest after coughing Wednesday afternoon).  I will retest at work on Monday morning and take a rapid test early monday afternoon before the virtual visit so that I can give the an update and see how long I can continue to test positive, have the cough and runny nose, and 'covid brain'.
I think that the cough is subsiding and my sinuses dont seem as bad just now, so I may be at the end of it. IF I feel that I am slipping back into it or some of the symptoms that I was feeling I was developing yesterday return, I will visit the neighborhood walk in clinic to make sure that I havent developed some other complication (like bronchitis). 

STAY HEALTHY and dont let my FIL talk you into taking one of the Positive people anywhere that they have NO immediate NEED to go!

Sorry to hear it clean. I hope you and your family feel better soon.

evil_physics_witchcraft

the_geneticist

I'm so done with Zoom meetings, trainings, webinars, conferences, you-name-it.  If I wanted to be surrounded by inattentive, multitasking people, I'd go to the DMV.

clean

I think it has been 9 days since my last update.
In that time, I have tested and retested, and was finally Covid Free last Tuesday.
My Bride was also negative, but stayed with her parents and brother another few days to help them pack and get ready for her dad's radiation therapy.
They left Saturday but she returned home lat Friday.
Saturday (yesterday,) she said that she had a headache. 
I noticed that I was coughing more as well. 
This morning, she sounded like President Biden!
We talked over the options and she took one of the last at home tests we have, and she is again Positive!  So she packed up again and returned to her now empty parents' house.

I get another set of at home tests on Tuesday (says the tracking email).  Im not sure when or how to retest myself.  IF she was sick on Friday (or had a false negative result on Wednesday), and I was not sick on Friday, how long should I wait to test?  Test too early and get a false sense of security and burn a test when no result is possible.  I dont have any problems staying home another 3 or 4 days, but IF I have this again, I want to try to treat it, though I dont know what to do if I was treated with an antiviral just over 3 weeks ago. 

any thoughts are welcome, but I suspect that we will wait until Tuesday, maybe Wednesday to get the lab test, and know by Thursday. 

And I m not sure if it is the heat, not sleeping all that well last night, the return/increase of the cough, or if Im "mental" but now I think that I have a headache too!   (maybe this should be in the Hypochondriacs thread)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Puget

Quote from: clean on July 24, 2022, 04:27:01 PM
I think it has been 9 days since my last update.
In that time, I have tested and retested, and was finally Covid Free last Tuesday.
My Bride was also negative, but stayed with her parents and brother another few days to help them pack and get ready for her dad's radiation therapy.
They left Saturday but she returned home lat Friday.
Saturday (yesterday,) she said that she had a headache. 
I noticed that I was coughing more as well. 
This morning, she sounded like President Biden!
We talked over the options and she took one of the last at home tests we have, and she is again Positive!  So she packed up again and returned to her now empty parents' house.

I get another set of at home tests on Tuesday (says the tracking email).  Im not sure when or how to retest myself.  IF she was sick on Friday (or had a false negative result on Wednesday), and I was not sick on Friday, how long should I wait to test?  Test too early and get a false sense of security and burn a test when no result is possible.  I dont have any problems staying home another 3 or 4 days, but IF I have this again, I want to try to treat it, though I dont know what to do if I was treated with an antiviral just over 3 weeks ago. 

any thoughts are welcome, but I suspect that we will wait until Tuesday, maybe Wednesday to get the lab test, and know by Thursday. 

And I m not sure if it is the heat, not sleeping all that well last night, the return/increase of the cough, or if Im "mental" but now I think that I have a headache too!   (maybe this should be in the Hypochondriacs thread)

It is exceedingly unlikely for someone to be re-infected so quickly. Much more likely is that her viral load simply dropped into the undetectable (by home test range) and then she had a bit of a relapse for whatever reason (probably packing rather than resting!) and it went back up to detectable (and symptomatic). Hope you're both completely recovered soon!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

clean

Her negative test on Wednesday was a PCR test (from CVS).  The positive test today was an at home one. 

Certainly there could be a false negative last Wednesday or a false positive here today. 
I have more faith in the PCR test than the at home one, BUT when your wife sounds like President Biden has been sounding the last few days, THAT is not a good sign of health! 

Harlow2

Sorry, Clean.  How frustrating!

Harlow2

This is comparatively small but really vexing, and I hope quickly remedied. 2:45 AM the smoke alarm nearest (but not in) the bedroom begins to scream, but after 4 seconds quiets. 2 minutes elapses, and off it goes again. Then a few more minutes, and another scream.  Finally, just as I can begin to drift off again an hour later, it goes off one more time.  This happened once a year ago, also in the middle of the night, and on several subsequent nights. and I promised myself I'd call the electrician to replace these now 29-year-old alarms.  Tomorrow I will do that.  fingers crossed for quiet tonight.

But what happens in the middle of the night to set it off? Dust? Errant bug?

mamselle

Is it unusually hot where you are?

Super-heated dust which has risen near the ceiling (if that's where your alarm is) might do it.

Or is it due for a battery change?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

I've had smoke detectors go off from high humidity or a dramatic change in barometric pressure.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Puget

Quote from: Harlow2 on July 24, 2022, 08:45:25 PM
This is comparatively small but really vexing, and I hope quickly remedied. 2:45 AM the smoke alarm nearest (but not in) the bedroom begins to scream, but after 4 seconds quiets. 2 minutes elapses, and off it goes again. Then a few more minutes, and another scream.  Finally, just as I can begin to drift off again an hour later, it goes off one more time.  This happened once a year ago, also in the middle of the night, and on several subsequent nights. and I promised myself I'd call the electrician to replace these now 29-year-old alarms.  Tomorrow I will do that.  fingers crossed for quiet tonight.

I've had baby spiders hatch in an alarm and set it off.
I would suggest just getting the sealed battery operated alarms (they last 10 years, no need to change the battery during that time). You don't need an electrician for that, which will save $$$. I'm not sure they even still make the hard wired ones, except for commercial use. When removing the old hard wired ones, just be sure to turn the power OFF at the breaker box.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

apl68

My right foot gets sore every time I sit at my desk for more than a few minutes.  I hobble around painfully enough to be noticeable until that foot limbers back up.  I don't know why this has started being the case in recent months.  Yet I can still walk for a couple of hours in the morning without any problem.  It's being still that creates the problem.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Does it feel glue-y or cotton-y inside? Or does it just hurt?

Do you/have you had any suggestions of diabetes in your family or yourself?

Any past injuries? New shoes? Change in exercise routines?

Can you massage out any tenderness or stiffness, or does it stay uncomfortable whether you do that or not?

Differential options exist.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

QuoteThis is comparatively small but really vexing, and I hope quickly remedied. 2:45 AM the smoke alarm nearest (but not in) the bedroom begins to scream, but after 4 seconds quiets. 2 minutes elapses, and off it goes again. Then a few more minutes, and another scream.  Finally, just as I can begin to drift off again an hour later, it goes off one more time.  This happened once a year ago, also in the middle of the night, and on several subsequent nights. and I promised myself I'd call the electrician to replace these now 29-year-old alarms.  Tomorrow I will do that.  fingers crossed for quiet tonight.

Change the batteries.  Change ALL the batteries. IF the alarms are connected by the house wiring when one sends a signal they should all go off, so if one has a weak battery, change them all.

However, if they are 30 years old, then it is probably safest to just replace them all.  You may need a long ladder to get up there and be ready to play with the wires. 
I suggest that you get one down, and take it to the store to be sure that the wires will match. They should, but IF you dont do it this way, you may get the wrong one in error!  (some are entirely battery powered, others, as indicated, are wired together).

Good luck!