Author Topic: Dog to English Translator  (Read 16182 times)

nebo113

• Distinguished Senior Member
Re: Dog to English Translator
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2023, 06:42:33 AM »
Advice please.  Canine critter, age @ 5 (shelter pet) is allergic to, among other things, beef, chicken, corn, peas , rice, oats (and salt grass, which is a real problem as I winter next to a salt marsh).  For food, that pretty much leaves lamb and salmon, (turkey is a bit high but doable)  potatoes (sweet and white), and spinach, alfalfa, barley, carrots.  I would like to start making his food, but can’t figure out a recipe.  I made food for my now gone little critter, but it used both rice and mixed vegetables.  My critter recipe book is in summer quarters.  I will talk with the vet today,  but would welcome your suggestions.  I have looked on line but it seems that pretty much all recipes contain at least one forbidden ingredient.  Thank  you!

Morden

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2023, 08:09:44 AM »
I would probably switch out the forbidden ingredient in the online recipes for one that the pup can tolerate--at least you'd have the rough proportions of carb, protein, and fat OK. But of course your vet will have more info.
(I'm imagining a yummy lamb stew)

nebo113

• Distinguished Senior Member
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2023, 04:48:12 AM »
I would probably switch out the forbidden ingredient in the online recipes for one that the pup can tolerate--at least you'd have the rough proportions of carb, protein, and fat OK. But of course your vet will have more info.
(I'm imagining a yummy lamb stew)

Thanks!  He’s allergic to rice and most of what’s in mixed veggies.  Little stinker.  Switching to new dry dog food until I can talk with a veterinarian nutritionist….who knew they existed????