Main Menu

Dog to English Translator

Started by archaeo42, May 21, 2019, 05:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

They're so funny!

That's cute.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

I was chased by a small dog while riding my bicycle back from the Mayor's office with this week's payroll.  As I started to accelerate to try to outrun the dog, I heard a series of odd honking noises behind me.  I don't know whether they were sneezes or coughs, but whatever it was the dog was having a minor fit of them.  The dog was forced to break off the chase.  May have been a little overexertion there.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

mamselle

You'll have to get a locked strongbox for your bike.

Either that or hire an extra Brinks bicyclist to ride alongside.

Clearly the dog planned to rob you.

Hope it got its wheezes sorted out.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

If it wanted to rob me, it picked the wrong time to try.  I had already deposited the week's cash receipts for patron printing, etc. in the bank!
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

mamselle

Quote from: apl68 on August 03, 2022, 03:01:25 PM
If it wanted to rob me, it picked the wrong time to try.  I had already deposited the week's cash receipts for patron printing, etc. in the bank!

Oh, OK, I thought you said you had the payroll!

M.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on August 03, 2022, 03:30:54 PM
Quote from: apl68 on August 03, 2022, 03:01:25 PM

Oh, OK, I thought you said you had the payroll!

M.

Well, that was all in the form of checks.  Any halfway alert teller could have caught him if he'd tried to pass off one of those!

apl68

Leaning on the fence
By the Beware of Dog sign
Petting the dog's had

nebo113

Quote from: apl68 on September 16, 2022, 07:38:35 AM
Leaning on the fence
Petting the dog's had

Big smile and deep  laugh to begin the day.  Thank you!

mamselle

Yes, like the six bikes I saw chained to a sign in Oxford once, that said, "No Bicycle Parking Allowed..."

;--}

M.

clean

QuoteYes, like the six bikes I saw chained to a sign in Oxford once, that said, "No Bicycle Parking Allowed..."

I dont believe that!  No frat boy or gall at Ole Miss would be able to keep their membership if they rode a bike to the Square!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

Sorry, is there an "Oxford " in Mississippi?

I was referring to the one in the UK...

;--》

M.

nebo113

Quote from: mamselle on September 18, 2022, 10:49:07 AM

;--》

M.
[/quote

And one in Ohio!  tee hee

apl68

Quote from: apl68 on September 16, 2022, 07:38:35 AM
Leaning on the fence
Petting the dog's head

And I just realized that I had a typo to correct there.... 

mamselle

Quote from: nebo113 on September 19, 2022, 06:15:44 AM
Quote from: mamselle on September 18, 2022, 10:49:07 AM

;--》

M.

And one in Ohio!  tee hee

Yes, I do know about the one in Ohio...a friend went there and another friend had a VAP there.

M.

secundem_artem

Artem Dog crossed the rainbow bridge a few days ago.  He'd been off his feed for a few weeks, but the vet could not find anything wrong.  He suddenly started breathing (not panting) ~ 70 times a minute.  We went straight to the doggie ER.  After a long wait, it turned out he had gone into acute cardiac failure.  They tried to diurese him to reduce pulmonary edema, but it seemed his mitral valve had completely failed.  He died in only a few hours.

Mrs Artem is miserable when we don't have a dog, so we got Artem Pup only a few days later.  Between still deeply mourning an excellent dog and trying to get used to having a new puppy underfoot who bites everything, and is still a bit young for much training, emotions at La Casa del Artem are largely mixed, confusing, and running high.

I do hope time heals all wounds.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances