News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dog to English Translator

Started by archaeo42, May 21, 2019, 05:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Oh, no, very sorry to here of your loss.

Even with a new puppy for distraction, the mourning will take time; it's good that you both cared about the older dog and saw them out to the end of their life with compassion.

All good thoughts.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quote from: secundem_artem on September 19, 2022, 11:33:10 AM
Artem Dog crossed the rainbow bridge a few days ago.  He'd been off his feed for a few weeks, but the vet could not find anything wrong.  He suddenly started breathing (not panting) ~ 70 times a minute.  We went straight to the doggie ER.  After a long wait, it turned out he had gone into acute cardiac failure.  They tried to diurese him to reduce pulmonary edema, but it seemed his mitral valve had completely failed.  He died in only a few hours.

Mrs Artem is miserable when we don't have a dog, so we got Artem Pup only a few days later.  Between still deeply mourning an excellent dog and trying to get used to having a new puppy underfoot who bites everything, and is still a bit young for much training, emotions at La Casa del Artem are largely mixed, confusing, and running high.

I do hope time heals all wounds.

Sorry to hear that.  I remember the sad story of Artem Dog's attack at the jaws of a brutal neighbor dog awhile back.  For what it's worth, our family has found over the years that it's best to not wait a very long time to get a new dog into the house.  A new canine family member can be a real consolation.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

Harlow2

Artem Dog crossed the rainbow bridge a few days ago.  He'd been off his feed for a few weeks, but the vet could not find anything wrong.  He suddenly started breathing (not panting) ~ 70 times a minute.  We went straight to the doggie ER.  After a long wait, it turned out he had gone into acute cardiac failure.  They tried to diurese him to reduce pulmonary edema, but it seemed his mitral valve had completely failed.  He died in only a few hours.

Mrs Artem is miserable when we don't have a dog, so we got Artem Pup only a few days later.  Between still deeply mourning an excellent dog and trying to get used to having a new puppy underfoot who bites everything, and is still a bit young for much training, emotions at La Casa del Artem are largely mixed, confusing, and running high.

I'm so sorry; so dreadfully hard to lose them. What kind of pup is the New Guy?

Morden

I'm so sorry for your loss.

nebo113

I do so understand Mrs. Artem.  I had to wait a bit longer than a few days (circumstances) but was then adopted by a shelter canine, as the little doggy that had gone over the rainbow bridge knew I needed a canine and so sent one to me.  Hugs to all three of you.

nebo113

Why has my almost 5 year old 20 pound, neutered mutt started to hump pillows? 

aside

Quote from: nebo113 on December 07, 2022, 03:45:04 PM
Why has my almost 5 year old 20 pound, neutered mutt started to hump pillows?

Nearsightedness?

apl68

I learned today that our fire chief's Dalmatian has a knack for jumping fences.  That explains why I sometimes see her walking down the street by herself!

The funny thing is, he didn't know it for a long time.  She would be released into the fenced-in back yard early in the morning, jump the fence, wander the neighborhood, then come back into the yard in time to go to work with him.  He was none the wiser until neighbors started calling him about seeing his dog wandering around the neighborhood.

nebo113

poiuy

Our deepest condolences, secundem.  I hope that time will lessen your grief while still holding Artemdog in your hearts. Puppies are so much fun and so much work. Hope Artempup is a joyful member of your pack for many many years to come.

nebo113

Quote from: poiuy on December 09, 2022, 11:30:24 AM

Our deepest condolences, secundem.  I hope that time will lessen your grief while still holding Artemdog in your hearts. Puppies are so much fun and so much work. Hope Artempup is a joyful member of your pack for many many years to come.

Hugs and woofs.

apl68

My parents' Chihuahua gets a new chew toy each Christmas.  Dad wraps it for him, and he knows it's his when he receives it and unwraps it.  The must fun we had this Christmas was watching him unwrap this year's present.  You never saw a child show more enthusiasm on a Christmas morning!  It was such fun that I didn't mind being the one to gather up the leftover shredded paper.  He played with his new toy so vigorously that he slept very well that evening.

Their cat also much enjoyed his new toy mouse.

secundem_artem

Artem Pup got the best present at our house.  He was allowed to shred wrapping paper to his heart's content for a few hours.  The amount of mess a 5 pound poodle puppy can create is incredible.

He's settling in at Casa del Artem and his training has been reasonably effective in making him behave at least some of the time.  His behavior is at least at the point that we'r not "going to send him to live on a farm". But he gets the zoomies while the weather here in Tenure Town is not conducive to taking him for much of a walk to burn off some puppy energy.  He's a going concern.  He's not the late and sorely missed Artem dog and we don't expect him to be.  But we are still learning how to accept him for what he is and deal with the pros and cons of having a small tornado in the house.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

nebo113

Quote from: secundem_artem on December 27, 2022, 01:06:52 PM
Artem Pup got the best present at our house.  He was allowed to shred wrapping paper to his heart's content for a few hours.  The amount of mess a 5 pound poodle puppy can create is incredible.

He's settling in at Casa del Artem and his training has been reasonably effective in making him behave at least some of the time.  His behavior is at least at the point that we'r not "going to send him to live on a farm". But he gets the zoomies while the weather here in Tenure Town is not conducive to taking him for much of a walk to burn off some puppy energy.  He's a going concern.  He's not the late and sorely missed Artem dog and we don't expect him to be.  But we are still learning how to accept him for what he is and deal with the pros and cons of having a small tornado in the house.

I,too, still miss my beloved little canines, though they brought me a zoomy, exuberant canine who makes almost three of them!  He loves me unreservedly, snarfs dirty Kleenex like one of his predecessors and rides the edge of the seat in the golf cart as did his other predecessor.  Reincarnated?

secundem_artem

Artem Pup is back from some training and will be getting more soon.  One of the things he's trying to learn is when to put something down, stop chewing on my socks, quit shredding the mail, and generally stop using his mouth for all manner of evil doing and skullduggery.  He was trained to respond to the command, "Off!"

Unfortunately, the command must be used so often, I'm starting to suspect he thinks his name is Off!
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances