News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Movie Thread

Started by overthejordan, May 17, 2019, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheerful

Thanks very much for the Cold War recommendation, spork.  Sounds worthwhile, will take a look.  Didn't know this was on Amazon Prime.  Had to do a title search after it didn't appear when skimming numerous relevant movie categories.

As a recent Amazon Prime subscriber, wading through the movie menus is a chore. Not interested in Freevee movies, hate the loud ads.  Any tips for efficiently finding movies aligned with one's interests on this platform?

secundem_artem

Loved Oppenheimer.  Fell asleep half way through Barbie.  Don't think I'm it's demographic.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Wahoo Redux

Absolutely loved Unfrosted.  Cannot understand why the critics, or anybody for that matter, don't like it.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

secundem_artem

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on May 06, 2024, 05:23:19 PMAbsolutely loved Unfrosted.  Cannot understand why the critics, or anybody for that matter, don't like it.

Agreed.  I thought it was an absolute hoot.  Seeing Hugh Grant as Tony the Tiger but shirtless and wearing face paint and viking horns and leading a protest.....  The allusion wasn't very subtle but I thought it was hilarious. 

But then again, I thought the 3 Stooges and the Marx Brothers were high art. 

And for those of you north of the 49th parallel and old enough to remember, I absolutely loved Wayne & Shuster back in the day. Some sample W&S humor:

"That's not Ojibway writing saying Ma Day in Oh Sha Wa.  It says Made in Oshawa." 

Also -

A Roman centurion walks into a bar.  "I'll have a martinus."

"Don't you mean martini?" asks the barkeep.

Says the Centurion "When I want 2, I'll ask for 2.  What's the matter don't you speak plain Latin???"

Still cracks me up
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances