News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Song in Your Head Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 19, 2019, 07:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I'm female and I'm not a basso profondo.

So, no.

But it never bothered me much, either...

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

At this time of year, it tends to be Dominick the Donkey.

apl68

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

Evelyne Brochu - Maintenant ou jamais

It's weirdly earwormy. I only heard the tail of it the one time, and it stayed stuck.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

The Air National Guard holds maneuvers above our town every so often that leave the sky crisscrossed with condensation trails.  They did it again this morning.  For some reason the sight of them simulating impious war in heaven makes me think of Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze from Neon Genesis Evangelion.  Especially the opening line:

Zankoku na tenshi no you ni

(Like a cruel, merciless angel)
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Those contrails can be beautiful or threatening, I agree. I actually got a photo of one from a plane once that looked liked scratched glass.

The sound in my head at the moment is the theme from the ITV/BBC? series "Vera," which I've been re-watching...very modal and mournful and....unceasing...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

waterboy

Pretty much anything by Herb Alpert at the moment - just had Pandora going.
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

mamselle

Oh, thanks ....

Now it'll be "Tijuana Taxi" for the rest of the day.....

M.

waterboy

"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

mamselle

LuciferStar

sprout

evil_physics_witchcraft

"She's a superfreak, superfreak! She's super freaky. Yow!"

ab_grp

I've got Noreste Caliente (A Band of Bitches) in my head.  It's superfun, but the lyrics (which are in Spanish and spoken pretty quickly a lot of times) are a bit NSFW at times, as is the video https://youtu.be/nAS9mtDlV-c.  That song just sound like a party.

evil_physics_witchcraft

"Roll over Beethoven"- the Chuck Berry version.