News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

State of the Union Address 2020

Started by clean, February 04, 2020, 08:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

After the State of the Union address, Speaker Pelosi tore up the copy of President Trump's speech.  Do you think that she is going to provide the tatters to the same people she gifted the pens with which she signed the impeachment documents?

And was it  an ass move to not shake hands with the Speaker?

Presidential Medal of Freedom for Rush?  When the President says that Article II of the Constitution gives him the right to do whatever he wants, Im sure that includes minting medals.

Does promoting someone to Brigadier General require an action from Congress? (or see above?) {Or is Brigadier General now in the same league as "Kentucky Colonel"? }  [On the other hand, R Lee Ermey was given the honorary rank of Gunnery Sargent]
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

clean

Charles McGee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_McGee_(pilot)

"n December 2019, McGee was given an honorary promotion from Colonel to Brigadier General as a result of legislation introduced by Maryland Senator Chris Van Hollen and Representative Anthony Brown.[1] McGee was a special guest at the 2020 State of the Union Address on February 4, and President Donald Trump pinned his stars to his uniform in the oval office before delivering the address that day.[2]"

writingprof

nebo113

As always, the stable genius was huuuuuuugely good.

backatit

Well, he didn't sniff as much as usual or flap, so that was a plus.

writingprof

Okay, serious question. When Pelosi appears to be talking to someone mid-speech (as was often the case--all right, I watched it; sue me), is she talking to Pence?  Is she wearing a phone in her ear and talking to staff or members of her caucus?  Is she talking to herself?  Am I imagining things?  I swear it looked like she was talking to someone frequently.

clean

that is a good question.  I am pretty sure that she was Not talking Pence.  I was under the impression from the context of at least one place that she was 'spanking' one of her members, just as she did when there was the start of a cheer when they voted to impeach.  The time I noticed it most in the speech, she was gesturing (which was blocked partially from view by Trump being in front of her) and there was some noise or heckling from that side of the crowd.

Though in other places, she may well have been talking to herself.