News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Crazy Rhythms

Started by downer, June 03, 2019, 12:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paultuttle

Quote from: Larimar on April 20, 2020, 06:16:52 PM
paultuttle, for some variety for your young not-exactly-singer neighbor, how about Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man"? Lovely parts for bass drum, cymbal, and very shrill trumpets and French horns!

Interestingly, the young "singer" next door has "graduated" to mimicking a doorbell chime: a high note followed by a fall of a third (so that what he produces sounds like DING-dong).

And doing it repeatedly (!!!) outside my home-office window at approximately 4:45 p.m. daily.

I suppose the silver lining is that it's an aural reminder that the work day is almost over and I need to start the winding-down process.

(Finding my silver linings where I can . . . . [interthreaduality alert])

Larimar

Quote from: paultuttle on April 22, 2020, 05:58:36 AM
Quote from: Larimar on April 20, 2020, 06:16:52 PM
paultuttle, for some variety for your young not-exactly-singer neighbor, how about Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man"? Lovely parts for bass drum, cymbal, and very shrill trumpets and French horns!

Interestingly, the young "singer" next door has "graduated" to mimicking a doorbell chime: a high note followed by a fall of a third (so that what he produces sounds like DING-dong).

And doing it repeatedly (!!!) outside my home-office window at approximately 4:45 p.m. daily.

I suppose the silver lining is that it's an aural reminder that the work day is almost over and I need to start the winding-down process.

(Finding my silver linings where I can . . . . [interthreaduality alert])

Yes, silver linings are always good!

Larimar

I've been listening to Erik Wollo and Meg Bowles. Their albums are good for de-stressing.

hmaria1609

Movie and TV soundtracks are helping me through working on library projects.  Here are a few of 'em:

• "Harry Potter" by John Williams et al. (For the later movies, 3 other composers did the scores)
  • "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Paul Cantelon (2008)
  • "Victoria" by Ruth Barrett, Martin Phipps, et al
  • "Anne of Green Gables" by Hagood Hardy (1985-87)
  • "Mary, Queen of Scots" by Max Richter (2018)
  • "Beauty and the Beast" by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, deluxe album (2017)