News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Seen any good lawn signs lately?

Started by notmycircus, June 19, 2020, 09:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notmycircus

I went for a four minute drive to my local market and was struck by the number of lawn signs: 
-Biden
-Black Lives Matter
-My kid graduated...
-Thank our responders
-For sale
-MLK I have a dream

I heard there are election signs, in red and blue, that say Any Functioning Adult. 
Seen any good ones lately?

apl68

Our little town faces an upcoming election to replace our unexpectedly-deceased mayor.  We have FIVE candidates!  All of them have signs in yards around my neighborhood.  They're all pretty mundane campaign yard signs. 

However, there is one yard which has signs for two different candidates.  They're both neatly arranged on either side of the front walk.  Apparently we have at least one divided household in town...
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

AmLitHist

A neighbor just had a baby.  The yard sign is blue and says "Team Boy!" and is surrounded by baby-blue flamingos.

Wahoo Redux

"Dump Trump."

All of them were spray painted on plywood.

We are in deep red territory too.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

nebo113

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on June 22, 2020, 12:13:27 PM
"Dump Trump."

If I put up anti Impotus material in my blood red county, it would be vandalized and my house might be damaged.  People here are just nuts.

Diogenes

Not a lawn sign but a notable bumper sticker:

Giant Meteor 2020
Just end it already

Anselm

They are almost never good, just someone's name.  I find them a nuisance and wish they were banned.  If I can't have a billboard for Exxon on my lawn then I see no reason why politicians can get a pass. 
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

AmLitHist

Quote from: nebo113 on June 24, 2020, 04:33:10 AM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on June 22, 2020, 12:13:27 PM
"Dump Trump."

If I put up anti Impotus material in my blood red county, it would be vandalized and my house might be damaged.  People here are just nuts.

Same here. I've had my Biden sticker for a year and still haven't put it on my car. 

writingprof

Quote from: AmLitHist on June 22, 2020, 12:05:34 PM
A neighbor just had a baby.  The yard sign is blue and says "Team Boy!" and is surrounded by baby-blue flamingos.

You must live in a conservative state or neighborhood, as progressives would immediately burn that obviously transphobic house to the ground.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: writingprof on June 24, 2020, 12:56:07 PM

You must live in a conservative state or neighborhood, as progressives would immediately burn that obviously transphobic house to the ground.

You conservatives sure live in delusional glass houses, don'cha?

DRUMP TRUMP!!!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

ergative

Quote from: writingprof on June 24, 2020, 12:56:07 PM

[pedant hat]
It's not transphobic so much as cisnormative
[/pedant hat]

apl68

Lots of signs congratulating high school students who were denied a proper graduation.  I guess most neighborhoods have had those.  We had somebody complaining about a church filling their yard with political campaign signs.  They were actually just honoring the grads.  It wasn't the first time this complainant has complained about something without knowing what he was talking about.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.