Forumites I'm Missing

Started by aside, June 12, 2019, 07:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoteo

Conjugate

Quote from: Hibush on June 28, 2019, 06:24:59 AM
Quote from: hungry_ghost on June 12, 2019, 10:23:28 AM
Thank you, I miss these two as well, and also DvF

DvF left with emphasis. What will he do instead? Take up sleeping at night?

I recall that DvF didn't want a permanent archive; is he (part of) the reason why peoples' post counts went down? If he deleted some of his posts, could that have deleted replies to them?
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε

octoprof

No one posted about missing me. <whine> But, here I am anyhow.
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

Conjugate

Quote from: octoprof on July 03, 2019, 01:31:35 AM

Well, we only post about people who aren't around; if you disappeared for more than a few days, we'd be missing you as well, of course. How are things going with you?

Liquidambar

Quote from: octoprof on July 03, 2019, 01:31:35 AM

Somebody did post, just not here.  Welcome!
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

mahagonny

Quote from: polly_mer on June 12, 2019, 05:41:40 PM
Perhaps friendly friends and colleagues could contact those we're missing and encourage new/postier membership.

I would guess from the flurry of activity at the old place, they know we're here.

bioteacher

Quote from: geoteo on July 02, 2019, 01:04:44 PM
Where is mystictechgal?

She's registered, just hasn't been active lately. This time of the year can be challenging for her, so she might be taking some time way for some self care. I expect she'll be back in touch by mid-August or so.

Economizer

How about the good ol' economizer. I read that he is 100% a capitalist now.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Hegemony

Where in the heck is LarryC?

mamselle

Quote from: nebo113 on July 22, 2019, 04:36:39 AM
Quote from: kaysixteen on June 26, 2019, 12:41:22 AM
Sikora?

+1

She stopped posting on the old fora a very long time ago...several years, now, as I recall.

I think I tried to check in via PM, but I don't think she replied.

I could try to scan my old PMS there, see if anything shows up.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Conjugate

Quote from: mamselle on July 22, 2019, 10:40:33 AM
Quote from: nebo113 on July 22, 2019, 04:36:39 AM
Quote from: kaysixteen on June 26, 2019, 12:41:22 AM
Sikora?

+1

She stopped posting on the old fora a very long time ago...several years, now, as I recall.

I think I tried to check in via PM, but I don't think she replied.

I could try to scan my old PMS there, see if anything shows up.

M.

I think I may know her on FB, and if I do, she is doing okay. I could have her confused with someone else, though.

archaeo42

Does anyone hear from Anthroid? I always enjoyed reading about Annie and Manny dog.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

mamselle

I always enjoyed her posts, too...and there should be a link to the "Black Binders 'o' Doom" thread ("A Plagarist's Tale"? I think...) somehow, that was a classic.

I think both her puppies died within a very short time of each other; I don't recall if she adopted another dog (or two) or if it was about that time that she stopped posting.

That information would be in the "Translating Dog to English" thread, I think.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

archaeo42

Quote from: mamselle on July 25, 2019, 10:28:25 AM
I always enjoyed her posts, too...and there should be a link to the "Black Binders 'o' Doom" thread ("A Plagarist's Tale"? I think...) somehow, that was a classic.

I think both her puppies died within a very short time of each other; I don't recall if she adopted another dog (or two) or if it was about that time that she stopped posting.

That information would be in the "Translating Dog to English" thread, I think.

M.

I think it was Mannydog that passed over the rainbow bridge. Looking at the old Fora, it seems she last posted around the time we learned about Pry's death.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."