News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Has Trump done anything good?

Started by mahagonny, October 20, 2020, 08:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anselm

I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

dismalist

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

ciao_yall

Quote from: Anselm on October 22, 2020, 07:13:53 PM
He has not started any new wars.

Well, yes. Technically all those militiae were already organized in 2016. They are just a little noisier and more active now.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ciao_yall on October 22, 2020, 07:33:15 PM

Well, yes. Technically all those militiae were already organized in 2016. They are just a little noisier and more active now.

IIRC, an awful lot of them organized in 2008 and 2012. (But it wasn't racism or anything! Promise!)
I know it's a genus.

Anselm

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 22, 2020, 07:47:06 PM

IIRC, an awful lot of them organized in 2008 and 2012. (But it wasn't racism or anything! Promise!)

The militia movement was in full swing under Bill Clinton's presidency.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Anselm on October 22, 2020, 07:48:36 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 22, 2020, 07:47:06 PM

The militia movement was in full swing under Bill Clinton's presidency.

Sure. I'm talking about the new crop of 'non-white-supremacist' militias. Y'know, "Oathkeepers" and shit like that.
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 08, 2020, 08:28:59 AM
Quote from: mamselle on November 08, 2020, 05:36:30 AM
He lost the election.

M.

Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!!
Which, in about two months, will give my brain some beneficial active learning.  After the inauguration I will have to start remembering to put flag stamps on envelopes right side up again.  I flubbed it exactly once in the previous four years, but hopefully the retraining period will be short.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

fishbrains

Trump's ability to do an end-around traditional news sources and speak directly to his base through social media (and other means) has been unusually successful. The term "Fake News" is now a generally accepted term in most circles here in the red state I live in. I don't know if this is "good," but it has been interesting.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

mahagonny

Quote from: fishbrains on November 09, 2020, 06:58:25 AM
Trump's ability to do an end-around traditional news sources and speak directly to his base through social media (and other means) has been unusually successful. The term "Fake News" is now a generally accepted term in most circles here in the red state I live in. I don't know if this is "good," but it has been interesting.

The last guy who said plainly that the media are biased against republicans, and got people to listen, was Reagan. Ron Reagan, the president's son gives me the impression he believes hid dad would answer 'no' to the question posed by this thread, but he doesn't necessarily know.