News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Getting in Gear With BLM's Education al Plans

Started by mahagonny, February 10, 2021, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

'In this era of mass incarceration, there is a school-to-prison-pipeline system that is more invested in locking up youth than unlocking their minds.'
"Racist policies in schools and biased skills exams eliminate Black and Brown teaching candidates."
"The elimination of Black teachers is an aggressive push towards homogenizing education in America, creating the School to Prison Pipeline, and honoring the pervasive system of racism from which our country gains its roots".

These are a few of the accusations made at our public education system. How will public school administrators and teachers' unions like this? We don't know! Academics, who look for nuanced, verified analysis instead of bombastic unsupported claims, have a look at this if you feel inclined. I'm interested in what you'll think of it.

https://www.blacklivesmatteratschool.com

marshwiggle

Quote from: mahagonny on February 10, 2021, 11:14:16 AM
'In this era of mass incarceration, there is a school-to-prison-pipeline system that is more invested in locking up youth than unlocking their minds.'
"Racist policies in schools and biased skills exams eliminate Black and Brown teaching candidates."
"The elimination of Black teachers is an aggressive push towards homogenizing education in America, creating the School to Prison Pipeline, and honoring the pervasive system of racism from which our country gains its roots".

I'd be curious to see the evidence for this.
It takes so little to be above average.

spork

I think it's time to stop spawning multiple threads on the same topic.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

mahagonny

Quote from: spork on February 10, 2021, 12:23:33 PM
I think it's time to stop spawning multiple threads on the same topic.

This is a new topic. This is Black Lives Matter's agenda for the education business, complete with demands. A business in which they didn't feel the need to have credentials or sources referenced before inserting themselves into the process, apparently. They are ubiquitous.
Unless you want to say that how certain among black America have been getting encouraged or condoned by academic liberals to go off the deep end, publicly, is all one topic. If that, could be you don't like the topic to begin with. But then again, maybe it's time for a difficult conversation, white people.
The fora have been quiet recently hasn't it. I don't think this is disruptive.

On edit: I notice they are back to saying they disrupt the traditional nuclear family requirement, after taking that down from their webpage several months ago.
This is interesting:
10. Black Families
"We are committed to making our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We are committed to dismantling the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work 'double shifts' that require them to mother in private even as they participate in justice work."
Whereas we know that the decision to have children out of wedlock (70% of black babies currently) is one problem maybe worth looking at. Reverting to the 'patriarchal practice' namely an employed father in the home would help alleviate the problem mentioned.

George Floyd had a bunch of children with different mothers, none of whom were in Minneapolis, for instance, a fact that an author recently linked on these fora thought was kind of cool. (I'll refrain from posting the link again).

The theme is the same, always. Whitey and his establishment are ruining our lives.

dismalist

Thomas Sowell wrote, "If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules ... that would have gotten you labeled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Hegemony

Mahoganny keeps starting threads on how objectionable liberal initiatives and ideas are. As far as I can tell, the only aim is to provoke controversy, under the guise of "discussion." And they're always on the same subject. No regular forum topics like "Should I grade this paper down?" or "What to do about our department oddball who insists we should all use red pen for everything?" It's kind of an obsession about the evils of modern liberal movements. There's a word for that kind of obsessive stirrer of controversy, and it's "troll." My God, I wish there were fewer of these perpetually outraged mono-focused people who feel that starting quarrels is the greatest fun in life. Usually I don't bother to read them any more, but I decided to stop by this one, note the pattern for the rest of us, and go back to ignoring it all.

mahagonny

How does one follow the news these days without a tolerance for controversy? I guess there could be an agreement never to mention Black Lives Matter or any reactions to them on these fora from now on. Does that makes sense?

Quote from: dismalist on February 10, 2021, 03:39:52 PM
Thomas Sowell wrote, "If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules ... that would have gotten you labeled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

Wow. Spot on.