News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

recommend comfortable WFH chair?

Started by rabbitandfox23, February 13, 2021, 05:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbitandfox23

I've come to realize, after several months of teaching from home, that I don't have a comfortable chair to work on. Dining room table chairs just don't seem to cut it anymore.  I'm looking for a work chair that provides good support, is sufficiently soft, and doesn't look like a typical office chair (I have a one bedroom apartment so the chair will always be visible - something more stylish than a bulky office rolly chair would be ideal).  Budget is around $700. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Parasaurolophus

How about a good recliner + rocker combo? (My grandfather had one which I absolutely love, although the reclining angle = autonap.)
I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Last year, I bought an expensive office ergo chair much like the one I have at the office and my back has benefited from it.

I have a great puffy recliner in the living room for reading, but my work for hours every day at the computer with papers spread on the desk is in an ergo chair.  It's not stylish, but it's good for my back, legs, and neck.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

spork

Not really what you're asking about, but I have a standing desk converter that has been very beneficial for my back.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

mahagonny

My chair is quite comfortable, but in order for me to stay comfortable, I only talk to them when necessary.