News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Spring Forward!

Started by clean, March 13, 2021, 09:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Dont forget that you need to Spring Forward tonight! 

Also, you are supposed to use the change to Daylight Saving Time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors! 

(will you?  Did you?)

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

We'll probably check all the smoke detectors (really, we need to replace them). We also bought a CO detector that we need to put on the wall.

Vkw10

Apartment complex maintenance does smoke detector battery replacement, fire extinguisher testing, and HVAC filter replacement twice a year. They'll replace any burnt out light bulbs in overhead fixtures and switch direction of ceiling fans at same time.

I replaced all timepieces with the self-updating radio signal versions a couple of years ago. Partner has a mantel clock that doesn't get changed, because neither of us wants to risk damaging a 200-year-old clock. Moving is bad enough, we're not doing seasonal time changes.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

hmaria1609

I use https://www.time.gov for adjusting my watch, alarm clock, and the digital clock in my car. My dad already has adjusted the clocks in our house.
I won't be back at the library until mid-week so I'll be sleeping in Monday. :)

Vkw10, we have two mantel clocks that belonged to my grandparents but they're much newer compared to yours!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Our grandfather clock is 45 minutes fast, which is good, since I'll just need to adjust it 15 min.

apl68

It went smoothly around here.  I still don't have my wristwatch re-set.  It always takes me a couple of days to get around to looking up the instructions to do that.

Our cheap Wal-Mart wall clock that hangs over the circulation desk has changed itself automatically.  Not sure how it does that, but it's more convenient than having to climb up there and change it twice a year like I had to do with its predecessor.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

apl68

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 15, 2021, 11:00:53 AM
Fall back!

Maybe not.  There's a move on in Congress to eliminate the "fall back" and run on the same schedule year-round.  It looks like our state is going to go ahead and do this.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

cathwen

I really wish something like that would happen.  I hate the time changes.  Pick one or the other—standard time or daylight saving time—I don't care.  Just pick one and stick with it!

Puget

Quote from: apl68 on March 16, 2021, 07:05:39 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 15, 2021, 11:00:53 AM
Fall back!

Maybe not.  There's a move on in Congress to eliminate the "fall back" and run on the same schedule year-round.  It looks like our state is going to go ahead and do this.

Living in a state that geographically really should be in the Atlantic time zone, I'm all for staying on DST year round-- sunsets just after 4 PM in the middle of winter are just depressing.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

paultuttle

Quote from: cathwen on March 16, 2021, 07:33:57 AM
I really wish something like that would happen.  I hate the time changes.  Pick one or the other—standard time or daylight saving time—I don't care.  Just pick one and stick with it!

Amen.