News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

It's been two years!

Started by eigen, April 25, 2021, 08:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Many thanks.

Your curatorship and attention to issues is most appreciated, as is that of the co-planners and moderators.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

Thank you so much, Eigen and mods — and fellow readers and posters!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Vkw10

Quote from: lightning on April 26, 2021, 08:53:13 AM
Is there any kind of anonymous gofundme or something like that, so we can contribute to the hundreds of $ that it costs to maintain this site?

I'd be happy to chip in on costs, too. I learn something every week on the fora.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

eigen

Glad to hear people are enjoying it!

I can see what it's possible to dig up on posting statistics, but I don't really have any access (I don't think) on the back end that isn't available to every member- Hibush has done a great job of rounding up data on this using posting stats before.

I appreciate the offers to chip in- at this point the costs aren't huge. If we outgrow our hosting and need to move somewhere more expensive, I may consider it in the future- but for now I consider it a donation to a community that's given me a lot over the years.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

wellfleet

We appreciate both your generosity and your hard work!
One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

alcibiades

As is obvious from my post count, I'm a lurker and not a regular contributor, but I wanted to chime in to thank Eigen and the mods who have kept this community going. I learn a great deal from both the regular and occasional posters, and I really appreciate the existence of this space!

hmaria1609

Thanks to eigen and co for the big move and maintaining this site! :)

Parasaurolophus

eigen did and does all the work. I just reject spam registrations polly_mer misses.
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Quote from: lightning on April 26, 2021, 05:05:35 AM
Quote from: mahagonny on April 26, 2021, 04:16:17 AM

They'll be joining us as soon as they have been properly cleansed (anti-racism training).

The fora does not require an anti-racism training certificate.

No, but mandatory anti-racism training is coming for most of us at work, and this forum is for currently employed college faculty.

Quote from: lightning on April 26, 2021, 08:53:13 AM
Is there any kind of anonymous gofundme or something like that, so we can contribute to the hundreds of $ that it costs to maintain this site?

Great idea. I will contribute if someone sets it up, as long as I can do it anonymously.

AJ_Katz

Thank you eigen and other moderators for your volunteer time and efforts!  The Fora continues to be a wonderful resource and community.

I wonder, how do new people find out about The Fora now?

Larimar

Quote from: AJ_Katz on April 27, 2021, 05:11:46 AM
Thank you eigen and other moderators for your volunteer time and efforts!  The Fora continues to be a wonderful resource and community.

+1 to this. Thank you, moderators.

Langue_doc

Quote from: Larimar on April 27, 2021, 05:24:16 AM
Quote from: AJ_Katz on April 27, 2021, 05:11:46 AM

+1 to this. Thank you, moderators.

+1. Thank you, moderators!

darkstarrynight

Thank you, eigen and moderators! I value this community, its advice and support.

cathwen

I am adding my thanks.  Your work is much appreciated.

The Future

eigen:   
Bravo, take a bow, & thanks!