News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

where is your vaccination card?

Started by clean, December 15, 2021, 08:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquidambar

In a special vaccine card sleeve, stuck to the fridge with a magnet.  I'm glad we got the sleeves, since our cards were starting to warp when we traveled somewhere that required showing them frequently.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

Antiphon1

Physical copy in my wallet next to my driver's license, school id, health and auto insurance cards.  All digital copies are in my phone and laptop.  The antisons asked why I carried all those documents.  The truth - you need them when you need them.  Sometimes you can't anticipate the necessity, so it's best to be prepared. 

Juvenal

With my passport and my passport is on my desk.
Cranky septuagenarian

jerseyjay

Mine is in my wallet. It didn't fit so I folded it. I realize this does not guarantee longevity, but perhaps I am hoping that the pandemic will end before my card.

The reason I carry it in my wallet is that I need to show it regularly. At least once a week, and sometimes more; sometimes several times a day. (Where I live you are supposed to be vaccinated to do various stuff. Sometimes they don't ask. Sometimes they ask but don't verify. Sometimes they ask to see the card and a photo ID.) Yes I have photos on my phone, but it is usually easier to pull out the thing itself.

Anselm

Would a photocopy or picture be sufficient to get on a plane?
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

hmaria1609

Quote from: Anselm on December 15, 2021, 03:02:31 PM
In my car's center console or whatever you call that thing in between the two front seats.   After reading this thread I now will make sure to get a picture of it.
Armrest & storage compartment

downer

Quote from: Anselm on December 16, 2021, 08:20:06 AM
Would a photocopy or picture be sufficient to get on a plane?

I got on a plane having uploaded an image to the app the airline uses.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

secundem_artem

Photo on the phone, original inside my passport along with the rest of my vaccine history.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Wahoo Redux

Wallet.

Always wonder how they know it was a pharmacist who filled it out and not me.

Wonder if they can read the handwriting.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

ohnoes

The original is with Important Documents in a Safe Place.

I made an 80% copy and laminated it to keep with my license and school ID.  I'd rather show that than hand over my phone.

secundem_artem

I'm in an allied health field.  Half the population cannot find its insurance card when requiring health services.  Or they cannot remember the name of the physician they just visited.  The names of their medications??  Fuhgeddaboudit. 

But having worked a number of times in vax clinics this year, nearly everybody knows where their vaccine card is.  It's a bloomin' miracle.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Sun_Worshiper

I have a photo of it saved in my phone. The hard copy is in a folder in my home office.

Nobody has ever asked me to see either, except the pharmacist when I got my booster.

kaysixteen

I get the potential benefit of taking a picture of the thing on your smartphone.   But, of course, 1) one needs to have a phone capable of doing this (some still don't) and then 2) one needs to know how to take that picture, AND save it to the phone, AND know how to retrieve it.   Lottsa assumptions there.