Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

New Years Resolutions

Started by Sun_Worshiper, December 28, 2021, 08:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

What will you resolve to do in 2022?

mahagonny

Probably get my new pronouns up and running.

apl68

I don't make New Year's resolutions  per se, but there are several things I hope to do in this coming year:

I've set myself a plan to write a new novel over the next four months, both first and second drafts.  It's a sequel to one that people have actually shown interest in reading!

Working with our county's church association missionary on a project to work with churches around the county to improve some families' living situations.

At work, seeing if we can finally revive public interest in the library and its programs.  Which is going to take a lot of buy-in from community partners and library staff.

I'd also like to finally travel out of the state on vacation again in 2022.

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

I don't make resolutions. I will, however, finish this book by its May 1 deadline. And then I can finally start on projects of my own again.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

My resolution is to stop stressing/worrying so much, especially about things that I can't control. I'd also like to do some things to enrich my community.

ciao_yall

In order to be "allowed" to have alcohol I must have exercised (earned at least two WW Activity Points) that day.

We'll see how long that lasts.

downer

I have been thinking about a dry January.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mamselle

Get 'all the five things' (i.e., those listed in my "December Research" summary last week) done by, say, May or June, and get going on another list...as well as keep my students moving forward and some cleaning/clearing started.

Oh, and keep walking/exercising/doing stuff while not increasing food intake to see if this mortal coil can look more svelte and less like an out-of-shape  Slinky...

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Harlow2

Stop dragging my feet on a research project I've lost interest in.
Avoid eating potato chips. Well, maybe eat them only twice a week.
Get the indoor lettuce planted.

ab_grp

I finally came up with a resolution that I think I can make something of.  I have a bunch of audio books but never listen to audio books.  This is mostly because I find it difficult to just listen to something without doing something else.  I had some success listening when I was cleaning out and packing up an office (which took many hours), but at home I tend to move around too much while cleaning and don't want to carry my phone with me.  Anyway, I also like to do other things while I do the sudokus each day, so I figure the other thing can be listening to audio books while I do this.  I tried it out with a short book this week and finished the book! Now to make my way through my library a bit at a time.  I'm making good progress on a book I had set aside at some point that is really fascinating and has a great narrator.  And maybe I can eventually transfer the skill to get more cleaning done.