News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Seeking AP Rater application advice

Started by emprof, July 29, 2019, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emprof

We're cash-strapped right now (kiddo in daycare, stagnant salaries, you know the drill) so I'm looking for side-gigs. Many of my colleagues do the on-site AP grading every year and have recommended it, so I'm applying.

I'm qualified in 3 areas (Euro History, World History, Research) but can only apply for 2. Anybody with the inside track on which are more likely to be hired, year to year?

nescafe

It's been a number of years since I've done this, but back in 2014 or so, World History was by far the largest group of graders at the AP readings each year (over 1000 readers per year).

mamselle

I think I recall citrine did this regularly....you might check with her.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

the_geneticist

I've done this for Biology a few years.  It was a lot of work, but they paid for the flights, hotel, & food.  As long as you don't eat out, you'll be too busy to spend your AP reading money while at the reading site!
You can also see if you're qualified for any of the online scoring opportunities.  It's paid by hours worked.
https://etscrs.submit4jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=85332.viewjobs&CID=85332&notes_id=1

citrine

I'd do Euro History and World History; Research/Seminar is still small.

(I read AP English Lang and Comp, the 500 pound gorilla of readings. 1400 readers this June.)