Where will you go for Ice Cream Sunday? What will you get?

Started by mamselle, July 20, 2019, 06:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I have several options.

Deciding....

Where will you go?

What deals do they offer?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

One of my colleagues and I have two pints of Haagen Daaz's spirits flavored ice creams in the staff fridge.

RatGuy

Baskin-Robbins for some peanut butter and chocolate. My wife will likely go for the Upside Down Pralines.

mamselle

Going across to J.P. Licks now...I'll have to see what they have that's non-dairy...!

Harder to find than I'd expected, and my system has become adamant that dairy is off limits now.

But I'll persevere.

Ben and Jerry's has a non-dairy Cherry Garcia that is very very very very very good.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

I was at an offspring's and had some Cookies & Cream product purchased at a health food store.  It was mighty tasty!

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

lightning

I was traveling and randomly stopped for ice cream. I got this flavor called Dutch Letter, just to try it. It was yummy. First thoughts that popped into my head were "Do Dutch people even eat this kind of stuff" and "where else can I find this without having to travel deep into red state territory, because I want more!"

lillipat

I'm a bit late to the party, but I did get ice cream yesterday, after a weekend away that turned into a weekend-plus-Monday away.  Got Graeter's chocolate chip - a real classic.  And Mamselle - thanks for the tip about Ben & Jerry and the non-dairy Cherry Garcia.  My son-in-law is sensitive to dairy products, and my daughter has been looking for a way for them to enjoy ice cream together.  I just messaged her your recommendation!

mamselle

Glad to help!

Are they selling commercially, now, then?

(I remember the original store as a kid, out on the roadside near their farmstand....!)

M.

Scout

mamselle

You coooulldd probably buy some ice cream anyway...it's not quite the same, but still...

M.

darkstarrynight

I went to a cookie shop and had this warm, melt-y cookie with a free scoop of ice cream...yum!

Speaking of non-dairy Ben & Jerry's, my favorite is coconut seven layer bar! I can get it at Target.  I loved that flavor in the actual shops but it was never sold in grocery stores.  Having access to it now with an almond milk base is amazing!

mamselle

Why waste a perfectly good thread?

What kind of Cheesecake do you prefer?

Do you make your own?

Is it hard to find in your locale?

What kind will you eat today???

M.

Thursday's_Child

Breakfast this morning included orange sherbet with an equal amount of ricotta.  Don't mix them, just be sure each spoonful has some of each.

mamselle

Oooohhhh---like!!

I'll probably get some for dinner-before-dancing at the library cafe.

They have reaaallly good pastries and I've had their cheesecake before, too.

Yum!

Others?

M.

Scout

Quote from: mamselle on July 30, 2019, 03:01:13 AM
Why waste a perfectly good thread?

What kind of Cheesecake do you prefer?

Do you make your own?

Is it hard to find in your locale?

What kind will you eat today???

M.

My wedding cake was cheesecake from this very cool place in St. Louis, where we were married. This picture http://hankscheesecakes.com/wedding-cake-6.html isn't our cake, but it looked similar.

That was a real treat!