News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Hour

Started by downer, August 30, 2019, 03:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

I miss the old Posting While Plastered thread, but it seemed to me to celebrate excessive drinking, and excluded the use of other mood enhancers.

So I raise my Southern Tier 3XIPA to you all. It is a fine brew.

Here is to the end of the summer vacation.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

sinenomine

Cheers! I just made a large and welcome gin and tonic. Happy weekend!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ohnoes

I have three taps of beer I make myself.  This has been a weekend of happiness.

Now playing: a nice "it's a school night" session IPA.

nescafe

Tonight is a crown and ginger night. Cheers y'all.

Thursday's_Child

I'm back into a mulled wine kick.  Yes, I know it's hotter than Hades outside.  It's just that if you add a bit extra sugar (or molasses) and let the wine steep well (in a double boiler), you can strain it back into the bottle, re-cork and chill overnight.  Maybe I've finally lost it, but a mug of cold mulled wine is just the antidote that all this air-conditioning calls for.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on September 11, 2019, 12:28:25 PM
I'm back into a mulled wine kick.  Yes, I know it's hotter than Hades outside.  It's just that if you add a bit extra sugar (or molasses) and let the wine steep well (in a double boiler), you can strain it back into the bottle, re-cork and chill overnight.  Maybe I've finally lost it, but a mug of cold mulled wine is just the antidote that all this air-conditioning calls for.

Sounds a bit like a sangria.

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: ciao_yall on September 11, 2019, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: Thursday's_Child on September 11, 2019, 12:28:25 PM

Sounds a bit like a sangria.

Maybe I should begin exploring sangrias.  Maybe, because I rather like the reduction in alcohol from the heating and the control I have over the quantity of sugar.

nescafe

Tonight I'm sipping on an old bottle of Talisker single malt. The bottle says "aged ten years," but it's been in a relative's closet for over 30 more. So... does that make it better or not? I can't tell.

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: nescafe on October 12, 2019, 07:14:20 PM
Tonight I'm sipping on an old bottle of Talisker single malt. The bottle says "aged ten years," but it's been in a relative's closet for over 30 more. So... does that make it better or not? I can't tell.

I recommend buying a new bottle and doing a taste-test.  If you'd like a second opinion, I'll sure I'm not the only forumite who'd be happy to volunteer.

Anselm

Quote from: nescafe on October 12, 2019, 07:14:20 PM

I've been told that aging is done only in the barrel but I am not sure if that is always the case.  Whisky can be a good investment but it is sort of an underground economy because of current liquor laws.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.