News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I was raised in Columbus, Ohio; one cousin lives near Jefferson (where a twister was sighted last night) and my sibs now live in Michigan.

Emails have confirmed they're all OK; we did get the occasional tornado when I was a kid, and of course in 1974 there was the Xenia tornado there.

Clear, bright, and not too hot where I am now. My walk this AM was pleasant.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

lightning

It's been raining daily, for the past week, after several weeks (seems like months) of no rain. Of course, this subsequent week has to be the one week where the lawn guy went on vacation.

However, it's nice to see the dried up creek with a little bit of moisture.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Hot and oppressive. Heat index is going up to 107 deg. F.

clean

I got up early to mow the yard. I dawdled. Now, at not even 10 am the heat index is 101 (air temp 87)

I was about to give up and post here (which I ve done), but now i hear a mower, so I suppose if the neighbor can do it, so can I!!

Ill only do hte front yard, though!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

spork

This summer has cycled between monsoon rains and heat waves. Latest rains have stopped, tomorrow the forecast high temp is 90 F.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

ergative

Some good cloudbursts and thunderstorms today. Unusual for my area, but we get enough rain that, if the cloudbursts don't last too long, the drains can catch up eventually. Some dramatic local minilakes at low points in the roads, though, for an hour or so.

mamselle

Balmy, comfy, nice early walk before it got hot.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

Getting a bit stormy this evening after mostly calm and sunny weather the past few days.

hmaria1609

Enjoying the cooler temps before the heat returns in the upcoming week.

hmaria1609

Hot enough for the heat emergency alert to be activated this week:
https://wtop.com/local/2021/08/more-heat-humidity-storms-arriving-to-dc-region/
There had been thunderstorms during the evening commute.

apl68

Uncommonly hot even for here.  But the skies have been absolutely beautiful this week!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

We were promised up to 105 degrees today.

I'm disappointed it only went to 97....

(kidding)

M.

Vkw10

91 degrees at 8:12 p.m. with 53% humidity.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

Heading into monsoon weekend.  Whee!

mamselle

Warm, getting warmer.

Out to walk now, before I return as an oozing puddle...

M.