News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Don't Sh!t Where You Eat

Started by secundem_artem, October 21, 2019, 07:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

My community college seems big on faculty-only bathrooms.

The temptation to add graffiti to them is especially strong. So far I have resisted.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Anselm

We have no faculty dining room and it has always bugged me.  You can be here for years and not know the people you work with for that reason.  I sometimes eat in the main dining room which is almost all students.  I need a table with plates and forks.  I hate eating out of a box at my desk which is what the other people do.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

darkstarrynight

Our building has no lounge spaces. My department office has a medium-sized fridge that mostly seems to have old food and gets cleaned out over breaks, a dirty microwave, and a dirty coffeemaker with sink nearby. I use the microwave occasionally, but a colleague in my hallway has her own and likes the scent of the lunches I bring, so I use hers when she is around. I lucked out when I arrived, as a colleague retired and gave me her mini fridge. I believe our department administrator was relieved because I used to go in and out of the departmental office swapping drinks for colder ones (before fancy stainless water bottles were everywhere). Now I keep a bunch of drinks in there for anyone who stops by too. Also, a significant number of people on my hallway, including me, have hot water warmers to make tea. My office (despite numerous work orders) has not been warmer than 66 degrees this semester, which for me is uncomfortably chilly. There is no faculty club on campus.