News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas to all!

Started by clean, December 24, 2021, 06:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

I hope that you are all safely spending the time with your loved ones (either in person, or electronically enhanced).  I hope that you get all the things that you want without much political conversations!  I hope that you enjoy the reason for the season and the best of times with all of those young ones that bring the most joys!

My bride and I have made it to my parents' house. My brother and sister in law arrived on Wednesday I think (maybe it was Tuesday... the days are a bit of a blur!).  My niece is being tested for Covid now, but should be arriving this afternoon, if she gets the All Clear.  My nephew's family with a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old will arrive on Monday as will my own Aunt and Uncle.  In all there will be 11 vaccinated visitors for 2 days for a few hours of celebration. 

How will you be spending the '12 Days of Christmas?'
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Morden

Merry Christmas, clean. I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays!
SO and I will be hunkered down here--no Christmas visiting, and it's really too cold to do much outside this year.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Morden on December 24, 2021, 10:30:04 AM
Merry Christmas, clean. I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays!
SO and I will be hunkered down here--no Christmas visiting, and it's really too cold to do much outside this year.

Same. We may do some baking. SO wants to make a French Apple Cake.

sinenomine

I braved the grocery store between the snow this morning and the ice that's on the way. Now I can hunker down and bake scones before making shrimp rolls and trying out a festive cocktail recipe.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

pgher

Merry Christmas! We're staying home on Christmas Day, but then visiting family over the next few days. Hoping to avoid contagion from the unvaccinated parts of my wife's family.

Vkw10

Spending Christmas week with my brother's family, all vaccinated. We're currently watching It's a Wonderful Life.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Langue_doc

Christmas Eve: mulled wine, and appetizers followed by pre- Christmas dinner and more (regular) wine, followed by a walk, and then dessert. Good food and good company.

Tomorrow is the big meal.

Had to skip the Christmas Eve service because of the pandemic.

hmaria1609

Quote from: Vkw10 on December 24, 2021, 05:35:02 PM
Spending Christmas week with my brother's family, all vaccinated. We're currently watching It's a Wonderful Life.
Seeing this movie in color for the first time, I enjoyed it with renewed pleasure. (Previous viewings were in the original black & white; it's an annual NBC Christmas movie staple) The colorized version brings out background details.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Larimar

Merry Christmas everyone! Had a lovely time last night at the usual Christmas Eve gathering of Mr. Larimar's side of the family. Lots of food, talk, and presents, and my MIL's cat wanted everyone to pet her.

cathwen

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

We'll be driving to Middle Daughter's house tomorrow, but for today, it's just the two of us, so it will be a relaxing day.  I'll bake some cardamom rolls to take to Middle Daughter's tomorrow.  Oldest Daughter and her partner of 31 years have just announced that they've decided to marry in January, so we'll be doing some major celebrating!  This is the first time we've all been together since Thanksgiving 2019, so it will be a very special Christmas.

jimbogumbo

Merry Christmas!

I have finally left the state in which I've lived 69 years and relocated to Colorado! It is amazing here!

Wishing good thoughts to all!

Wahoo Redux

Merry Christmas folks.

Health and happiness all.  Time to watch old musicals.

Oh, and bah humbug too.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

waterboy

Merry Christmas all. Had a touch of snow a day early...now a very green Christmas!  :)
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."