Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Woo hoo! Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc, and Beta, Parasaurolophus! I still have had no luck finding my word.

I got 1.5 2fers, though (one word the same, the other different).

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on QB, Langue_doc, and on Beta, Parasaurolophus!  I got up to QB-1 and got stuck.  I looked at first letter hints, and immediately saw the last word—giggly

Today's SB stands at Beta, with seven words to go. 

And I finally found a 2fer yesterday:  computation-negator.  I have one today, too.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last word yesterday was vigil.

campaign/neutron

Congrats on your two-fer, cathwen.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word was infilling. LB was tapioca-argument (or argument-tapoica.)

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not at genius yet but I do have the pangram.  I didn't sleep well again.  We ended up with team QB yesterday.  Husband needed vinyl, I needed vigil.  Having lived around people with that last name but pronounced "Vijil" for the past few years, I can't hear it correctly anymore!

I had the same 2fer as cathwen, plus -negotiator as an alternative mate.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen!  Ciao_yall, I always think it's neat when the 2fer can go either way.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Congrats, Parasaurolophus! I also made it to genius, finally, though still a good number of words left to go.

Need to try more at LB as well.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last word yesterday, according to the bee was glop which I distinctly remember entering before reaching genius.

flours/shaping

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

QBWATHICG. Googled 18th century dance glossaries and to finally find galop. And, flourish-hangup, flourish-harping.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to GN4L today but not much more yet.  We ended up not having team QB, but oh well.  We both had to get help with galop, as well as a few others.

And no luck on LB, so congrats on your 2fers!!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Genius with pangram so far, but running out of steam.  Yesterday I missed needed hints for flagella, gaff, galop, and gall

I had the "official" LB yesterday—flourish-hangup.  I found one today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

I'm down to 4 words in the bee now, but not at alpha yet.  May give up and compare with husband shortly.

But I did get a 2fer! Congrats on your as well, cathwen!

Parasaurolophus

Six points shy of GWP, I'm afraid. Hmph.

Spoke too soon: tried one last non-word, and it was accepted. GWP. Hmph.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

85 points so far. Missed nametape; nametape?!

croquis/sparkly

Happy solving, all!