News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

I missed a bunch of words yesterday, all of which I usually get:  concoct, concoction, tilt, tomtit.  I missed moonlit, too, and remembered that I had missed it in a previous puzzle not long ago.

Today I am at genius with the pangram (which took me an age to find). 

No 2fer yesterday!  I have one today, though.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last words yesterday were the pangram, onto, into.

Two-fer that I like today.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Haven't gotten too far this morning, but I finally found the pangram.  It took a while again!  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were missing till (ugh).  I needed help with ones I've found before like monotonic and some that just seem to escape me like moonlit.

That was a tough LB yesterday! No luck here, either, and I would never have found that solution.  Congrats on already having 2fers today, cathwen and Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Whew, finally got a 2fer.  Still a good number of words left on the bee, though.

Parasaurolophus

Amazing with pangram. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Three pangrams (I think) and genius. That's it for today.

Missed a few words yesterday--acetal, lacteal, tacet, and a couple more. I distinctly remember typing tattle--the bee doesn't always register words that I've entered.

rejoice/exuberant

ab_grp, I immediately thought of you when I saw 20A in Friday's crossword.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have four pangrams but am still not at genius! Yesterday we needed help with lacteal, laicize, tacet

For LB, I got the schmofficial juice-exorbitant.  Congrats on a different solution, Langue_doc! Yep, I thought that crossword answer was quite timely!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, a few new words but then realized I missed little. Gah. So far 4 pans (I think) and still at Amazing.

LB jure-exacerbation.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Two pangrams and amazing today.  If I ever get to genius, I'll be happy.  Yesterday I had to get 2LL hints for lacteal, calcite, and laicize.

LB:  I had rejoice-extubation.  I found one today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Finally tipped into Genius and a 2fer. Well, two that are variations on one another.

I thought it was important to share.

Parasaurolophus

GW3P. Oof, that was tough.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

I am definitely behind on the bee! I am still not to genius yet! And I still have a pangram left to find.  But I did finally get a 2fer.  And the blankets have arrived!! It's only 6 PM, but I kind of want to go to bed now.

Langue_doc

They're all familiar bee words, ab_grp, except for one pangram, which although not a bee word, would still be a word that you might know.

I stopped at 60 words.

cathwen

Good morning!

Between an unusually busy day yesterday and the length of the Bee, I only got to Genius with three of the five pangrams (missed pimiento and pentimento, which I would never have found on my own).  Today I have two words to go for QB.

LB:  I had midtowns-sluice.  I found a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH, new word pentimento.

LB midtowns-sluice, sluiced-downtime.

Happy solving!