Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, April 01, 2024, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 24, 2024, 08:29:44 AMSome T1, some refereeing.

Finished and sent my referee report. Did a little of T1.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll start writing my second referee report today, then work on T1.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 25, 2024, 08:07:38 AMI'll start writing my second referee report today, then work on T1.

Wrote and submitted the report, did a good chunk of T1, cleaned out my inbox, submitted an invoice, sent off my summer syllabus for approval, and had a department meeting.

A productive day!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Woke up to a new referee request (the third this month). Weird how they always cluster like that.

Today, just some T1ing. Might start reading for the new referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Apologies for my drop-off. I traveled last week to spend time with family, and have done very little on my book besides having a productive phone call with the final case study contributor who has not drafted anything and sending feedback on a case to another contributor.

I am still an anxious mess waiting on my sabbatical manuscript to get a decision. The journal status is "awaiting final decision" for five weeks now. It was submitted almost 10 months ago. I asked the managing editor two weeks ago for a timeline, and learned after the final review was submitted in March, an associate editor gets 30+ days to recommend a decision to the editor-in-chief, who gets another 7 days. Well, it has been more than 37 days and I just want a R&R, please!

Wahoo Redux

Kind of in a holding pattern waiting for readers' responses on the monograph and doing a kind of scattered job search.

Been editing an old revise & resubmit, picking away at the writing, rethinking it a bit.  One reader's response was so all over the place that I don't know what to do with it; hu threw in everything possibly associated with the subject matter including the kitchen sink.  Considering including a note to this effect if and when I send it back.

Hoping for great R&R, darkstarry. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

T1 or referee reading today. Time is short.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Did some of T1 today. Looking forward to doing a goodly chunk tomorrow. Hopefully.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 01, 2024, 10:37:12 AMNew month, new(ish?) goals!

For me:

• Finally finish straggling book chapter.
  • Comment on an acquaintance's projected reply to a paper of mine.
  • Start streamlining translation 1.
  • Start a new book chapter.

Stretch:

• Start work on a chapter contribution due in August.

Well. I decided to concentrate on T1 to get it off my plate sooner. It's taking forever though.

I did referee a couple of papers, which added some work. Oh well. I'll try again next month!
I know it's a genus.