News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Penn State?

Started by whistle_nutz, July 09, 2020, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whistle_nutz

Scrolling through Higheredjobs today, I came across this ad:

https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177282359&Title=Tenure%20Track%20Faculty

Is this as bad as it looks - that administration is doing some quick hiring (and firing?) in response to faculty's concerns and objections about back-to-campus plans? Or, is this something else? Anybody know anything about this job posting?

kaysixteen

Perhaps the simplest solution is that the date is an error, that the jobs start next fall instead?

sinenomine

Penn State has posted over 400 job openings in the past week. Is this a reaction to the 1000+ employees who have signed the letter of concern about the reopening plans?
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Hibush

Are they turning all their adjuncts into TT positions, and these are all internal searches?
Did they have a bunch of failed searches because the prospects didn't like the terms when they were finally presented?
Has Penn State decided that the Humanities need to be greatly expanded?

LeastSquares

Perhaps they have  a lot of voluntary separation agreements lined up? I know my institution was offering these to help with the budget and actually received more applications than they anticipated. At a huge system like Penn State an unexpectedly high number of such applications could result in a number of openings?

whistle_nutz

Fair question: would these be scab positions?