"Zoom is a Chinese company and We're Going to Lose all Funding Support for It"

Started by Aster, October 07, 2020, 10:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aster

Leaders at my institution started reporting recently that we are at risk of losing our Zoom license next Spring.

The reason for this? Notifications from the federal government that products from Chinese companies will soon be ineligible for Covid-relief funding.

Has anyone heard anything about this at their university? I'm not getting much of anything about this when I run a targeted internet search.

research_prof

Jesus... your university leaders seem to confuse the fact that zoom is a company with headquarters in the US, but it happens that its founder is Chinese-American.

I would suggest that your university leaders take a few classes on diversity, inclusion, geography, and the basics of corporate tax law.

apl68

A class in checking stuff out before going off half-cocked would be helpful as well.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

spork

Your leaders are bigots or idiots or both. None of these options bodes well for your institution.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.