News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Inhale Thread !

Started by mamselle, June 14, 2019, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Congratulations, filologos!
For our light affliction, which is only for a moment, works for us a far greater and eternal weight of glory.  We look not at the things we can see, but at those we can't.  For the things we can see are temporary, but those we can't see are eternal.

Langue_doc

Quote from: filologos on September 09, 2024, 07:23:34 AMI defended my dissertation last week! The paperwork is signed. All I have to do is submit the final PDF to my university's online repository.

Congrats!

RatGuy

Quote from: filologos on September 09, 2024, 07:23:34 AMI defended my dissertation last week! The paperwork is signed. All I have to do is submit the final PDF to my university's online repository.

Huzzah!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Congrats!

Puget

Congrats Dr. Filologos!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

hmaria1609

Congrats! Treasured forum member Mamselle would've had a party going at the pool and clubhouse for newly tenured folks.

AmLitHist

I was very pleasantly surprised and encouraged by a virtual appointment with my new dean this morning. I wasn't completely dreading it, but it involved a plagiarizing student from summer who'd filed a grade appeal; I and my chair had denied it on solid grounds, but in the past, our deans have been happy to overturn such denials. This one agreed with my evaluation and grading of the student; if anything, she even more hardcore than I am!

It's nice to have a dean who has your back. This is only the second good dean I've had in 20+ years here; I hope it's a good sign of things to come as I head toward retirement in the coming years.