News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mahagonny

There you go again. Railing about your pet peeve which no one ought to care about. The bad treatment of majority faculty.

mahagonny

I've excused myself from the thread but I can answer you here. The reason facts don't appear to matter is that when a perpetrator is a white man, the facts don't merely have to point to a non racial-animus motive. They have to be sufficient to remove any possibility of racial animus being present in the perpetrator, which is already impossible, because he's white.
If the perpetrator is not white, it works the opposite way. He's assumed not to have any racial motive unless he provides clear evidence of it.

polly_mer

Use that "actually" just like know-it-all teenagers in the same context of "I know one tiny little fact that is different from your main point"!

It doesn't help any of the readers who might need to act on the information, but I hope it gives you a little ego thrill in your life.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

namazu

FishProf

Pot, meet Kettle.  Kettle, Pot.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

FishProf

Hmmmm, apparently I am a Unicorn.

polly_mer

Quote from: FishProf on March 28, 2021, 11:46:10 AM
Hmmmm, apparently I am a Unicorn.

Or just one of the fabulous 4%.

mahagonny

Spelling is fun, and a spelling bee may turn out to be the last thing you can find in the New York Times that can be relied on for accuracy.

mahagonny

Not only not God, he's a jackass.

lightning

Please stay. Every village needs their village fool.

FishProf

I could disagree with BOTH of you.

Langue_doc

I thought that thread was about faculty poisoning each other. I should get my eyes tested.

polly_mer

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 04, 2021, 08:05:47 PM
I thought that thread was about faculty poisoning each other. I should get my eyes tested.

Or perhaps you need to lay off the murder mysteries where last person standing gets the prize.

ab_grp

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 04, 2021, 08:05:47 PM

I should join you in getting eyes tested, as the information in the thread you saw could go along with the thread I always see about any and all victims related to the job market.