Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Sorry just saw this but congrats!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

yente was my last word yesterday; I found yenta much earlier, as I had seen that word before. Pangram and genius today.

LB: circumvent/thorny

I'm going to be out and about today, so won't be checking in.

Happy solving, all!

ETA two pangrams

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations to those who found 2fers yesterday!  I was utterly defeated.  Today, however, I found a 2fer.

And congratulations to the QBs yesterday.  I was so close!  One word!  It was payee, and why I didn't see that mystifies me.  Today, I am within two words of QB and hope to get there.  We'll see. I can be amazingly word blind sometimes.

On to sudoku.  Happy puzzling, everyone!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I also had circumvent-thorny, though it took forever and a lot of contenders.

I think payee was my last word, and yenta was definitely one of the last ones.

Also only two words from QB today, but one is long, of course.  Hopefully the day is also long enough to find them.  Not at Alpha yet (123), thanks to that long guy (I do have both pangrams).  Maybe cathwen and I are missing the same words...

Congrats on your 2fer, cathwen, and enjoy your day out and about, Langue_doc!

Also onto sudoku for me! Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - I thought I tried yenta? Oh well.

LB - Online solver gave me circ... and I quickly got circumvent-thorny.. I had environment-touchy as an early 2fer b4ss but somehow never got any further.

Just getting started this morning so we'll see.

ab_grp

Well, thankfully the final two words popped out at me when I went back to the bee, so QB.

A bunch of contenders for LB, but no mates so far.  It's funny that we all got thorny instead of theory, but I guess the former is easier to see.

Done sudoku, now tax review.  Whee.

ciao_yall

Amazing no pangrams, 3fer. Wouldn't take pincho but it takes tapa, taco, and salsa?

Big Sunday crossword puzzle tradition awaits! Husband starts it and I finish it.

So I'll go back to the online puzzles later.

ciao_yall

Genius with one pangram - you say there are two? Okay, will dive back in.

2fer - yay! Along with some of what ab_grp called "ships" - words that use up all the letters but don't connect. Like ships that pass in the night.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall, along with some ships!

I also managed to get a 2fer.  Yay!

And yes, there are two pangrams, so if you find the other should should get some good points!

cathwen

Congratulations on the 2fers, ciao_yall, and on the 2fer and QB, ab_grp! 

I just made QB! 

ab_grp

Thanks, cathwen, and congrats on QB!

ciao_yall

QB with a little help from the wordplay blog.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Easy bee yesterday; my last word was cioppino, which I had seen in an earlier puzzle. Today, however, I'm stuck at amazing despite two pangrams.

LB chump/periwinkle. My initial first word was the latter, but couldn't find a word with the remaining letters.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I also had chump-periwinkle yesterday.  I have a 2fer for today as well.

I'm at amazing with two pangrams, and an astonishing number of points to go before I even hit genius.  This is a sloggy one!   

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Same LB solution here.  Congrats on your 2fer, cathwen!

Congrats on your QBs yesterday, Langue_doc and ciao_yall! I think my final words were picnic, which I missed before, and nincompoop (perhaps appropriately).

Today I just managed to get to genius with a guess word and then mistyped a word to get a little past (183), but I do have both pangrams.  I am really struggling!! Pretty sure if we get to QB it will be from a team effort.  But, maybe more coffee and a banana will help, and I will suddenly see 10 more words.

Happy solving!