News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Genius at last and a twofer! That's it for today.

cathwen, we probably have the same words. Your description of the words as standard and boring encouraged me to look for easy words.

cathwen

Just got to genius.  I think I'm done for the day, too—I may fiddle with SB later, but do not have QB aspirations today.

Langue_doc, I bet you're right about the LB words!

Parasaurolophus, I am still fuming over the rejection of intinct and intinction.  I keep trying them in the hopes that someday they will be accepted.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - new word - catkin. I'll add to my list of bee trees with acacia.

LB - courts-shaping. Found almost instantly.

Just poured the coffee so getting started.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Amazing no pangram, 2fer b4ss.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I had purchasing-got yesterday, so kind of the schmofficial solution but more "elegant"? It didn't seem very graceful.  I couldn't find any others, though, despite all the solutions you folks got! I thought siphoning might work out, and it would have with curtains b4ss.

Not at Alpha (238), very slow going today despite feeling like I've gotten a lot of words and some good ones.   At least no calls to take up time today.  Husband has passed me, so I know there are a couple more out there I could possibly get, though he has some specific knowledge that I don't. 

As Langue_doc suspected, catkin was the word I missed yesterday.  I had not heard of it, but we had a pussy willow tree in my yard that I absolutely loved.  Had no idea that's what the little guys were called!

Still have to get on the sudokus and LB, but we got a pretty late start today for whatever reason. 

Happy solving (for those who are still at it)! Or enjoy your day if you're done!

ciao_yall

SB - Genius with pangram (had that moment when I was in amazing, found the pangram and was still at amazing.)

LB - 2fer!

ab_grp

Whew, busy day! Finally got a 2fer!

Congrats ciao_yall!

We were one word from a very impure team QB but husband just found it!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Only 10 more points for QB.

judge/employment

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning, everyone!

I also had judge-employment for yesterday's LB.  I have not yet found a 2fer for today's.  Having ION and ER on the same sides is especially vexing!

As for SB, I am ten points/two words from QB, but at the point where I have to go do something else and then come back.

Yesterday, I got to Beta, which is more than I had hoped for. 

Congratulations to yesterday's QBs and 2fers!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - at least one new word - lateen (a sailing term); lunula (base of a fingernail) and some other oddballs. Impressed with the QB-ers!

LB - judge-employment as well. Sounds like there weren't a lot of choices. I love it when you all come up with fun words like ostrich, multiflora, emoji...  My first 2fer b4ss was judgement-topology.

Just getting started this morning. Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QB.  No really tough words, all things from previous puzzles, I think.  Good luck!

I had the same LB solution as everyone else.  We'll see what today brings.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Quick genius this morning. LB will be another story. Oof.

ab_grp

ciao_yall

3fers, 2fer b4ss. Gah. If you feel like PMing a hint, go ahead.

ciao_yall

Tiny poke from the online solver and I got it!