News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

$2.46 at Sam's Club and Costco. $2.49 and up at the other stations.

hmaria1609

$2.65 at Costco when I filled up yesterday.  $2.89 and up at the others.

clean

Pipeline Shut Down??

My local prices seem to be either $2.59 and 2.69.  Unfortunately, I will need to gas up soon! 

I saw somewhere that the refinery areas are looking to rent ships to store the products until the pipeline reopens. 

What prices are you seeing?  Are you seeing empty stations yet?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

EdnaMode

$2.97 at Sam's Club, $3.09 everywhere else.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

Harlow2

hmaria1609

Saw it was $2.74 at Sam's Club. $3.99 and up at the other gas stations.

Today, Gov. Northam declared a state of emergency:
https://wtop.com/virginia/2021/05/northam-declares-state-of-emergency-in-virginia-after-ransomware-attack-on-gas-pipeline/
Includes aerial video of a Costco gas station in Fairfax Co., VA from NBC 4 in DC.

evil_physics_witchcraft

$2.89/gal down the road. One of my friends noted that there were two cops monitoring traffic at a local gas station due to demand and long lines.

dismalist

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 11, 2021, 07:30:01 PM
$2.89/gal down the road. One of my friends noted that there were two cops monitoring traffic at a local gas station due to demand and long lines.

Then the price wasn't high enough.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

clean

I filled up this morning at 2.69.  The vehicle computer said I had 37 more miles to go.  The radio had just reported that 1 in 4 stations in SC is out of gas now.  I am not in SC, and actually, I m closer to the start of the pipeline, rather than the end, but prices are still increasing and with only 37 miles worth of gas in the truck, (and my car at the repair shop until At Least Friday - and it doesnt have a lot of gas either!), I figured I d better get gas while I could.

The good news is that while I didnt have much gas this morning, In the Days of Covid, a tank seems to go a month or more!  So it is just poor timing that I needed gas now.

Are you seeing long lines and stations running out in your area?

Langue_doc

$2.99 9/10. Up from $2.79 9/10 just a few weeks ago.
Couldn't they just round it to $3.00?

hmaria1609

Gas stations around the metro DC area have been hit:
https://wtop.com/local/2021/05/colonial-pipeline-whats-the-impact-in-the-dc-area/
If you're a gasbuddy.com user, there's a special fuel tracker availability banner on the homepage.  I'm good on gas so don't need to fill up yet.  Two of my coworkers went to the Exxon station on the corner and didn't do so well.

hmaria1609

Update: Colonial Pipelines has resumed operations so gas delivery trucks will be making their rounds.

apl68

Thanks to the magic of social media, the panic buying has spread even into our state and neighborhood--which are far, far from the affected pipeline.  I spoke to somebody at church yesterday evening who was reluctant to drive to Dallas today for fear of being unable to find enough fuel on the road.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

hmaria1609

Got gas at Costco earlier today--it was $2.75. There were signs on the pumps saying no more than 2 gas containers to fill. Elsewhere it's $2.99 and up.

There are many gas stations in the metro DC area still without:
https://wtop.com/local/2021/05/4-in-5-dc-gas-stations-without-fuel-amid-panic-buying/

clean

My car is now out of the shop.  i filled it up. It has been 6 weeks since my last fillup!
Prices though, are bouncing between $2.62 to $2.79!!  I was able to tank up at 2.62, but I wonder if Igot lucky and that tomorrow it will be higher!

Are you seeing pre Memorial Day prices climbing?