Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Biden Administration

Started by mythbuster, November 12, 2020, 12:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismalist

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 11, 2021, 08:19:15 PM
Quote from: dismalist on December 11, 2021, 07:55:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this DC special came out after a bunch of evidence emerged to suggest that he had staged this attack.

End August, 2019? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2124

Check out this article from February 2019:
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/?amp

It's not about being prescient. It's about everybody claiming they knew or know. Apparently, not everyone believed the new news. I went by Dave Chapelle!

Look, anybody commenting on jury trials before the verdict is ... a fool. Unless s/he doesn't like jury trials.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mahagonny

Other news: CNN's Don Lemon tipped off Jussie that the police were doubting his story. He has no idea what his job should be. No standards.

Of course I will sound like a redneck but...even the more trustworthy people like Wolf Blitzer (whom you used to be able to trust) are heavily partisan, as they and their producers amplify stories that reinforce liberal politics and attenuate ones that don't.

What I'm wondering: how many Americans have figured out that most news outlets are propaganda, by now? I figured it out, with my modest level of education. It can't be that difficult.

Sometimes the lay population surprises you in a good way.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: dismalist on December 11, 2021, 08:39:42 PM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 11, 2021, 08:19:15 PM
Quote from: dismalist on December 11, 2021, 07:55:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this DC special came out after a bunch of evidence emerged to suggest that he had staged this attack.

End August, 2019? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2124

Check out this article from February 2019:
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/?amp

It's not about being prescient. It's about everybody claiming they knew or know. Apparently, not everyone believed the new news. I went by Dave Chapelle!

Look, anybody commenting on jury trials before the verdict is ... a fool. Unless s/he doesn't like jury trials.

Fyi Biden and Harris weren't commenting on a jury trial. They tweeted right after the "attack" that it was terrible and that homophobia and racism are bad (how foolish and awful of them!). A few weeks later it became clear that Smollett had lied about the story, which is btw why Dave Chappelle was able to make a standup routine about it eight months later. The "controversy" is that Biden/Harris, or whoever tweets on their behalf, never went back and deleted their tweets.

There was no jury trial over any of this until two years later and the trial was over whether Smollett lied to police. I doubt anyone tweeted on Smollett's behalf in that trial, because he was obviously guilty.

mahagonny

QuoteFyi Biden and Harris weren't commenting on a jury trial. They tweeted right after the "attack" that it was terrible and that homophobia and racism are bad (how foolish and awful of them!).

In that case you are, no doubt, grateful that Trump said this upon hearing of the 'attack:'

"'That I can tell you is horrible. I seen it last night. I can tell you it was horrible. It doesn't get worse than that and I mean it,' the president responded."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6654489/Trump-condemns-horrible-attack-Empire-actor-Jussie-Smollett.html

Of course, he had more to say later, which, apparently Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, Harris and Biden, et al, did not. They should, because a hate crime hoax that smears white people is the wrong thing for any human to do, and harmful to our society. Waters directly implicated Trump, (who was President of the United States at the time) and his supporters as being responsible.
Trump's analysis, after having heard more, lacks nothing, in my opinion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-calls-jussie-smolletts-false-maga-story-a-hate-crime-in-reverse/ar-AARIhvW

There is a mini-scandal because the reality is that attributing racial hatred to white people is automatically a big story, whereas racial hatred of white people is not, even when it is clearly in evidence.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/11/22/media-bashed-for-cautious-media-tone-on-waukesha-incident-after-rush-to-condemn-rittenhouse-as-racist-1166639/

So, to the most popular question the radical left democratic party wants you to obsess about today, namely 'is America racist?' one very good answer is 'yes, and the left are guilty of fomenting it.'

ETA: Oh, I forgot something. Racial hatred against white people also passes for entertainment. Check out Tucker Carlson (can't find it right now) and he'll show you. But don't google "Darrell Brooks Rap" because instead of getting his art you might get links to his criminal record.
I wonder if there are any schools where you can get college level credit for writing about his work?

mahagonny

https://johnkassnews.com/jussie-smollett-lest-we-forget/

John Kass

Enjoy the article. We should keep talking about the Smollett hoax, how people were fooled, who admitted they were fooled and talked reasonably about it afterward, who didn't, who's reflecting quietly, and then that other category, those who sneer at any discussion after the verdict because they want the 'white racism, white bigotry' chant for whatever reason (maybe they make good money off it, or maybe they're just dumber than a box of hair).

Silence is apathy.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on December 12, 2021, 04:50:15 AM
QuoteFyi Biden and Harris weren't commenting on a jury trial. They tweeted right after the "attack" that it was terrible and that homophobia and racism are bad (how foolish and awful of them!).

This is a Biden Administration scandal to exactly one person on earth.

mahagonny

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 12, 2021, 09:01:36 AM
QuoteFyi Biden and Harris weren't commenting on a jury trial. They tweeted right after the "attack" that it was terrible and that homophobia and racism are bad (how foolish and awful of them!)[/i].
[/b]

I am puzzled. I did not post those words. (which I have now bolded). I sometimes edit after posting, but that is not a quotation from me.

You might want to watch what you're doing here with the quote function please, Sunny.

As far these developments being scandalous for the Biden administration, I don't believe I made a specific claim. I will say there are way too few among us who understand that, as Glenn Loury explains, we are being swept along by hysteria about racism in America. Of course, some people make a lot of money from this hysteria, so in some cases they understand it fine., and in some cases, they intentionally add to it. And some others are buying the BS that the left serves up on a regular basis, because they don't know better.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on December 12, 2021, 09:15:20 AM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 12, 2021, 09:01:36 AM
QuoteFyi Biden and Harris weren't commenting on a jury trial. They tweeted right after the "attack" that it was terrible and that homophobia and racism are bad (how foolish and awful of them!)[/i].
[/b]

I am puzzled. I did not post those words. (which I have now bolded). I sometimes edit after posting, but that is not a quotation from me.

You might want to watch what you're doing here with the quote function please, Sunny.

As far these developments being scandalous for the Biden administration, I don't believe I made a specific claim. I will say there are way too few among us who understand that, as Glenn Loury explains, we are being swept along by hysteria about racism in America. Of course, some people make a lot of money from this hysteria, so in some cases they understand it fine., and in some cases, they intentionally add to it.

Mahagonny, you and I know that you upped this thread with a bunch of Jussie Smollett posts in a failed effort to tie it to Biden.

mahagonny

It is tied to biden because he claims to believe that our nation is currently gravely threatened by white supremacists, so much so that new laws need to be made to give the government enough power to protect us from them. and a member of his cabinet, merrick garland, has said equally inaccurate, silly things. things that are irresponsible and harmful to black people by likely making some of them believe the white man is their enemy, which also isn't true. a bunch of political grandstanding, meant to fire up his base. more and more black americans though are seeing through his bullshit.

Parasaurolophus

If you want a real disgrace, the Biden administration has walked away from negotiations to compensate the families whose children were stolen by the Trump administration. That means they'll be defending the US government (in other words, the Trump admin) against the lawsuit.

I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Sounds like it's finally dawned on old Joe that his open border thing isn't going over. I wonder when he'll figure out the people he refers to as 'Latinx' hate the term.
Sincere question, why can't we both control the borders and avoid separating families?
ETA: Like, the laws, man.

Parasaurolophus

And today, President Manchin went on Fox to declare he won't support BBB.

I wish I could evince surpprise, but he did get his infrastructure wants for free last month, so.
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

the POTUS does indeed have a plan to 'raise' [collect more from] taxes on the middle class. And it flies under the radar.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-biden-wants-more-money-for-the-irs-heres-what-the-agency-would-do-with-it/ar-AARWhki

Well, he's learned a trick or two.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 19, 2021, 11:15:29 AM
And today, President Manchin went on Fox to declare he won't support BBB.

I wish I could evince surpprise, but he did get his infrastructure wants for free last month, so.

There was an oped in WaPo yesterday arguing that this could force Democrats to focus on doing a few things very well and fully fund them. If this is the ultimately outcome, then that would be, imo, better than BBB as it has been conceived up to this point. Of course, there is a good chance that the oped is wrong and that Manchin is a "no" on any version of BBB.

Ruralguy

My guess is that he'd only approve a couple of long term programs, funded for at least a decade, that aren't climate related. Otherwise BBB is DOA. If they really just want to do anything, then they need to ask him and others what is acceptable instead of focusing on top line. Of course the top line would likely be under one trillion anyway at this point, and certainly not more than what has been stated to this point. The only other option is to go with what moderate Republican we're willing to pass, but it's unlikely that would survive the House.