News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Easter!

Started by clean, April 04, 2021, 12:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

I hope that all celebrating had a happy Easter.  I hope that you had a chance to celebrate with your family and friends.

Today we will be eating stuffed shells. I have pointed out to my bride that this is not really a 'traditional' Easter meal. 

What did you you have for lunch/brunch/supper?

Did The Easter Bunny Visit?  Was it traditional colored eggs?  Did you fill hte plastic ones? 

Was this year better than last year? 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

cathwen

Happy Easter, clean, and everyone else who celebrates!

For my husband and me, it was the first time we'd been to church since before the pandemic.  The service was outdoors; the church has a nice side yard with spaces marked off at six-foot intervals for family groups to sit.  Everyone wore a mask, and we brought our own lawn chairs.  It was only 45º this morning, so we were all in heavy coats and wool caps—our "Easter bonnets," I joked—and other winter regalia, ready to sit still outside in cold (although not horribly cold) weather for an hour or so.  It was a beautiful service.  The sun was shining.

My family never made a big deal over Easter—yes, the Easter Bunny came when I was a child, and my sister's family would often come over for a fancier dinner than usual.  But my parents didn't decorate (beyond colored eggs) or go to great lengths.  Consequently, neither do I, especially now that the daughters are grown.

So my husband and I will have a nice, relaxed, non-traditional dinner.  I am making hot sesame noodles with ground pork (a Cook's Illustrated recipe) and a cucumber salad with ginger.  Dessert will be a pavlova with lemon curd and whipped cream.  I had never made one before, and I can tell you that it is not quite like in the photo—but it should be fine.

I think your stuffed shells sound perfect! 

evil_physics_witchcraft

We just had ham, mashed potatoes and peas. Simple, simple, simple. Easter candy (peanut butter eggs and jelly beans for dessert).

Unfortunately, one of the four churches down the road (yes, four), decided to have a rock-gospel concert starting at 7:45 this morning, which goes against the noise ordinance. SO called the non-emergency po-po # and apparently, a lot of other people were complaining. 'Jesus is just all right for me', but not before 8am.

Langue_doc

Happy Easter! Missed the usual celebrations, but it's still Easter. Also missed getting Easter lilies from the farmers' market and the egg painting. Kind neighbor brought me traditional Easter dinner, which made up for not celebrating as before. Now I have two dinners ready to eat, the Easter dinner and the salmon teriyaki which I had ordered just before getting the Easter dinner. It's going to be some of each.

I bought lamb shanks for Easter, but those went into the freezer on Friday as I knew I wouldn't have the time to cook them yesterday.

Larimar

Happy Easter all!

Wish I could have gone to a sunrise service. I love those. But Langue_doc is right - it's still Easter. At least there was a communion service via Zoom.

Non-traditional supper here too - Chinese take-out.

Larimar

mamselle

Online communion service here, a Zoom call with a friend on the opposite coast, and a recent favorite: Chicken strips broiled in a honey mustard-maple sauce, crucnchy-fresh-like sweet corn, and a 1/2 muffin with Harvarti cheese melted on it.

Two Double Dark Chocolate Milanos for dessert, with hot, strong tea.

A movie next, I think....hmm....which one...??

M.   
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

dismalist

Listening to St. Matthew's Passion.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

pgher

Happy Easter! Our church has been remote since October but had an in-person service outdoors. We also had a Maundy Thursday service outdoors. Thursday, it was 40 with 20 mph winds. Not fun. Today, it was simply glorious weather: 70, sunny, light breeze. Good seeing everyone again.

apl68

We had a perfect Easter Sunday weather-wise across our state.  I spent the weekend with my parents, and heard Dad deliver the Easter message at their church.  I don't know how many more of those Dad will be able to deliver.  His age is showing definite signs of catching up with him.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Larimar

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!

mamselle

Seconded--and Passover has been nearly concurrent, good wishes to those observing that, as well.

Online service at 10.00 AM,  and salmon with maple-mustard sauce and a side cobb salad, for an early dinner is mine. Tiny piece of strawberry pie for dessert...

Others?

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

pgher

And also Ramadan Mubarak!

We're about to leave for worship. Empty nesters with nobody nearby, so no other plans for the day. Blessings to everyone!

Larimar

Blessings to all who celebrate Easter, Passover, and Ramadan.

Celebration here is in 2 parts:  Mr. Larimar gave catnip-filled plastic Easter eggs to the kitties early this morning (see the cat-herding thread), and I will be making mushroom cheddar quiche for supper.

Larimar

mamselle

Putting the recipe for that quiche on the dinner thread would be quite a gift to the community....

;--}

M.

Parasaurolophus

May you all eat many eggs.
I know it's a genus.