News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

dental crowns

Started by kaysixteen, December 05, 2023, 08:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

permanent imposter

Quote from: kaysixteen on December 18, 2023, 09:03:50 PM2) The nearest dental school is probably 60 miles away.  I could go there, I guess, but I ain't willing to become a practice guinea pig for trainees, like it or not, and have such students be drilling into my mouth, perhaps to make a mistake before their teacher/ supervisor could intervene, any more than I would ever permit such a trainee ophthalmologist to perform the laser treatment or eyeball injections I have needed for my eye condition.  I get that such trainees need to be trained in order to be able to do these procedures going forward, but respectfully, they are going to have to find other test dummies.

I had a major dental procedure done at a dental school. They did a great job and at no point in the process did I feel like I was in danger of being mistreated as a guinea pig. The details are a little hazy because it was a long time ago, but the students were definitely supervised and not left to their own devices. And it was highly affordable!

ciao_yall

Quote from: permanent imposter on December 27, 2023, 08:21:39 AM
Quote from: kaysixteen on December 18, 2023, 09:03:50 PM2) The nearest dental school is probably 60 miles away.  I could go there, I guess, but I ain't willing to become a practice guinea pig for trainees, like it or not, and have such students be drilling into my mouth, perhaps to make a mistake before their teacher/ supervisor could intervene, any more than I would ever permit such a trainee ophthalmologist to perform the laser treatment or eyeball injections I have needed for my eye condition.  I get that such trainees need to be trained in order to be able to do these procedures going forward, but respectfully, they are going to have to find other test dummies.

I had a major dental procedure done at a dental school. They did a great job and at no point in the process did I feel like I was in danger of being mistreated as a guinea pig. The details are a little hazy because it was a long time ago, but the students were definitely supervised and not left to their own devices. And it was highly affordable!

When we were kids, and my mother was a struggling single mom she took us to USC dental school for free treatments. Worked great for us.