News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas

Started by clean, December 24, 2023, 10:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Merry Christmas!  i hope that you all have a great Christmas!  I hope that you are able to spend time with your family and loved ones!  I hope you stay (and they stay) as long as you can all tolerate each other and not longer! 

Stay healthy too!  (My brother and sister in law will not be joining us as they tested COVID positive on Friday!) 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Langue_doc

Merry Christmas Clean! Merry Christmas to forumites who observe the holiday. I went to Christmas Eve service, had dinner with close friends, and am looking forward to more food and good times tomorrow.

Peace and goodwill to all mankind, especially this year.

Wahoo Redux

Bah Humbug!  But Merry Christmas all anyway.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

hmaria1609

Merry Christmas everyone! Safe and smooth travels for those are on the road between now and New Year.

I bought a bottle of Spiced Wassail (locally made) from a local wine store for this Christmas season.

lightning

Thank you!

Merry Xmas to you, as well, and to everyone else.

AJ_Katz

Happy holidays everyone.  We aren't doing anything special this year.  Although neither my partner nor I am religious, we both grew up with Christmas as a family holiday, so we usually like to have a tree, presents, and I enjoy having Santa visit overnight.  This year it was just too much work.  I might make some pancakes or something else fun, though our pantry is fairly spartan.  We watched a few Christmas themed movies yesterday, Elf and Home Alone, and there are a few others still on our shelf, The Christmas Story, Scrooge, Santa Clause, and Gremlins.  Safe travels and happy holidays to you and yours.

Larimar

RatGuy

Merry Christmas!

I went to a Christmas Eve party at the house of a theater faculty member. Some of her friends were in town from Florida — they met at a circus college. Gotta say, the theater folks throw a different sort of holiday party than the folks in geology.

Juvenal

Quote from: RatGuy on December 25, 2023, 07:27:07 AMMerry Christmas!

I went to a Christmas Eve party at the house of a theater faculty member. Some of her friends were in town from Florida — they met at a circus college. Gotta say, the theater folks throw a different sort of holiday party than the folks in geology.
Now who plays the rock music, I wonder...
Cranky septuagenarian

evil_physics_witchcraft

ab_grp

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has an enjoyable time, whatever's on the menu!

Parasaurolophus

Yes, happy day of presents.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Any excuse for good company, good food, and presents!

poiuy

Happy Christmas and holidays to all who celebrate!
May the festive season and new year bring everyone peaceful and good times.

apl68

Just got back to work after going home for a long weekend at my parents' house.  They're doing well, and we had a good Christmas Day together.  And I was able to go to their church on Sunday and see some people.  Hope everybody else's experiences went well also.

We did have some excitement last night toward bedtime, when their cat suddenly appeared in the living room with a mouse.  He's too well-fed to have a true mouser's killer instinct, so he let the mouse get away and we had to finish dealing with it.  Then, during the night, he scared up another mouse, and Dad had to deal with that one.  I managed to sleep through that, which was good since I had to get up early to drive two hours to work this morning.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.