News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Polly's Thoughts on Future of Our Community

Started by polly_mer, July 19, 2019, 08:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

Awww, someone who needs attention in any manner or form wants to think that this thread is all about them.

Hibush

With Polly taking a break since May, things have sure quieted down in some of these fora.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Hibush on July 26, 2021, 02:05:47 PM
With Polly taking a break since May, things have sure quieted down in some of these fora.

She and I had endless train-wrecks that accomplished nothing and cluttered up the Fora (and did our Fora cred no good)...but I miss Polly.

Polly was spicy.  She said smart things even if she tended to take it too far or state the obvious.
I also found her very funny.

Polly, if you are still reading, come back.  Maybe try not to get so excited or be so rude.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mahagonny

Eh, I read enough Polly_Mer to get her drift. Everyone knows preaching personal responsibility just reinforces white supremacy. Do we really need that?

[Serious]
ETA: Notice she quoted down about the time Writingprof left. They were similar thinkers except he didn't care much about being popular.

mahagonny

This place isn't the same because of the unfortunate culture war going on in the USA today and higher education's inability to  accept responsibility. Any forumite who has left for that reason, or something related to that I miss them, but hey, frankly, I'm not sure the forum deserves their contributions under the circumstances.

I expect the forum to self-select for less and less political diversity for the time being. Writingprof's 'GCF' was an obvious signifier.

Oh yeah, I miss rose-colored tulip or whatever her name was, who was never much more than a lurker, but obviously got certain things.

And my previous post of this two-fer is relevant.

Mobius

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on July 26, 2021, 02:52:30 PM

She and I had endless train-wrecks that accomplished nothing and cluttered up the Fora (and did our Fora cred no good)...but I miss Polly.

Polly was spicy.  She said smart things even if she tended to take it too far or state the obvious.

Polly, if you are still reading, come back.  Maybe try not to get so excited or be so rude.

I've noticed her on Reddit recently.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Mobius on October 15, 2021, 12:16:04 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on July 26, 2021, 02:52:30 PM

I've noticed her on Reddit recently.

Yeah, I talked to her a bit.  She's resentful and feels like she's been ejected by the mods.  I'm not sure she was happy to find me there.

Parasaurolophus

As far as I know, nobody 'ejected' anybody.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

mahagonny

'Ejected' is even worse than 'rejected.' It's done sooner.

eigen

I can say I've had pretty much zero interaction with her. No idea why she decided to leave, but there was no "ejecting" going on, and she still has full moderation privileges. I haven't reached out, because she knows how to get in touch with me in multiple ways, and I feel like her silence is a clear sign that she's moved on or wants a break, and I'm respecting that.

Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: eigen on October 16, 2021, 10:27:23 AM
I can say I've had pretty much zero interaction with her. No idea why she decided to leave, but there was no "ejecting" going on, and she still has full moderation privileges. I haven't reached out, because she knows how to get in touch with me in multiple ways, and I feel like her silence is a clear sign that she's moved on or wants a break, and I'm respecting that.

So there you are. Neither one of us defenestrated her, and that's the entirety of the mod team. Shrug.
I know it's a genus.

reverist

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 16, 2021, 10:41:53 AM
So there you are. Neither one of us defenestrated her, and that's the entirety of the mod team. Shrug.

This is irrelevant, but props for "defenestrated"!

mamselle

Indeed.

The last time I had a chance to use that word was in reference to a 12th c. abbot who ratted out the urban movement to become a free town to the king.

After the troops left, guess how the townsfolks' riot ended?

Of course, it was never clear if he jumped or was pushed from the tower of his church (tellingly built to exactly the same specs as the cathedral, including the height of the bell tower...a-hem).

But that's the on-dit....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

spork

Quote from: lightning on May 09, 2021, 10:10:26 AM
Awww, someone who needs attention in any manner or form wants to think that this thread is all about them.

Quote from: mahagonny on July 19, 2019, 08:10:07 PM
had my say, i'll be out of here. cheers
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.