Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

How do we....

Started by mamselle, May 18, 2019, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on June 08, 2019, 10:39:11 AM
Quote from: polly_mer on May 18, 2019, 04:46:20 PM
You should be able to make modifications to your profile.

You should see a row of headings that starts with Home on the left (under Hello mamselle, under links to new posts, under the date).  In that row is Profile.  Click Profile.

You should now have a lower row of headings that includes Modify Profile.  Hover over Modify Profile and choose Forum Profile.  That brings up the fields you can fill out for personal text (displays below your title), custom title (goes above your rank), and signature (goes at the end of every post).

If that doesn't work for you, then report back because that functionality shouldn't be limited to people with the permissions I have.

I just tried to change mine & it no longer gives me a custom title block to modify.  Everything else is there, just not the one I now need to change.

Try now. I tweaked the permissions.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Thursday's_Child

That worked - even more thanks!

mamselle

How do we send a link to a friend who might be interested in joining?

I've poked around in all the places I expected to find it and it's not showing up.

Is there a pinned topic somewhere, or a top-of-the-board heading that would make it more obvious?

Or does it disappear once one has joined, as superfluous to requirements?

Puzzled...Thanks--

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

namazu

Quote from: mamselle on September 18, 2021, 11:42:44 AM
How do we send a link to a friend who might be interested in joining?
There's no special link. 

Just direct them to thefora.org and tell them to register an account so they can read all the subfora.  The link to register will appear near the top of the page near the login box.

If they want to post, the first post is now subject to moderator approval (as a spam-busting feature).