News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

We had snow in parts of the DC region yesterday morning. It was gone by the afternoon. Other parts of the area had rain for the morning.

FishProf

Very little snow in my town (others had 4-6in); so little in fact that sidewalks remained uncleared, and now the ice is treacherous. Fines may be in the offing.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

hmaria1609

Getting overnight snow. The major roads were being pre-treated by state highway crews last night. I'm off this weekend--yay!

apl68

Temperatures had spiked into the 60s in recent days.  Then we got some rain and fairly high winds last night.  Now it's chilly again.  We've got two mornings of frost in the forecast, then rocketing into the 70s by Tuesday.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

"Some very light snow, quickly changing to rain" that was "not going to stick, except maybe a little on grassy surfaces" turned out to be 4 1/2 inches yesterday.  It was 70 last week, 60 two days ago, and now 13 degrees. I-70 west of the city was closed by wrecks most of the day and into the night, as were a lot of roads in and around the metro.

Langue_doc

About a foot of wet snow on the cars. According to the forecast, we're to expect occasional snow showers this morning, and "peeks of sunshine" later on.

ab_grp

We had a gorgeous day yesterday, must have been near 70 and sunny.  Today looks to be about the same.  My mom, on the other hand, has received a bit of snow over the past few days. 

hmaria1609

Woke up to snow on the ground this morning. It was on the grass but not on the pavement. That kind I like! By afternoon a lot of snow had melted. It was in the 30s most of the day.

apl68

Frost today, and if the extended forecast is anything to go by, this might be the last real frost we get this season.  Temperatures are about to rise a lot in the next couple of days.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Langue_doc

Sunny day today. The remnants of the snow on my car were all gone by this morning, so there was no need to shovel or even clear the windshields.

paultuttle

Below-freezing mornings and mid-fifties lunchtimes for the next few days, then (woo hoo!) SPRING!

(The daffodils and crocuses are already, ahem, anticipating.)

apl68

I remember being shocked a decade or so ago when I saw 70-degree weather in February for the very first time in my life.  This week we've had February highs in the 80s.  Even "winter" scarcely gives us a break from the summer heat any longer.

aside

^True here also.  It's hot.

AmLitHist

Normal highs here are in the 40s. It was 80 yesterday, heading for 85 today, then heavy storms tonight, ending with wet snowflakes (not my students, the kind that fall from the sky).

hmaria1609

Rain and high winds earlier this evening.