News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Sweltering yesterday morning, then the temperature started going down from there.  With lots of wind from the front moving in.  Fortunately no storms.  In fact, we got scarcely any rain from the front, which is remarkable.

This morning, overcast and much cooler.  It got nowhere near freezing last night, but after temperatures in the 80s only 48 hours earlier it felt much cooler than it was.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

sinenomine

The temperature outdoors is 20 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday. Sadly, the same can be said for the temperature in my office building. Bad timing for a furnace failure!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Wednesday was 58 and raining.  Perfect birding weather minus the torrential downpours.  Yesterday was partly sunny, so perfect weather to take my class to see the early migrants!

Nope.  Temps dropped to freezing overnight and then stayed there.  2pm was 33 and very windy.  We saw a few birds, including the Turkey Vulture who blew past the sanctuary, not to be seen again.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Langue_doc

I was at the dentist's yesterday, with my mouth wide open, when the weather report popped up on the TV screen. Forecast for today was "like a lamb". Cold and blustery yesterday.

apl68

Quote from: sinenomine on February 29, 2024, 12:00:22 PMThe temperature outdoors is 20 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday. Sadly, the same can be said for the temperature in my office building. Bad timing for a furnace failure!

We have the same problem multiple times a year, except it's usually our air conditioning instead.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Langue_doc

Gorgeous sunny day. Chatted with a few people--strangers--during my bird walk this morning, talking/marveling about the weather. There were folks in T-shirts and hats, and even one individual wearing a sleeveless top. It wasn't that hot! But rain's a-coming from Tuesday through Sunday, with only one sunny day thrown in for Friday.

apl68

Looks like it will be a bit of an odd week weather-wise, but in early March there's essentially nothing one can call unseasonable.  We usually have a day or two of frost in early March.  It appears we won't have that, though.

EdnaMode

We set a record high of 75 at the airport, was 73 at my house, did some yardwork and weeding, talked to several of my neighbors who were out and about enjoying the warmth. There's snow in the forecast for the weekend which is much more normal than anything in the 70s.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

apl68

We had rain yesterday evening.  This morning looked like a standard overcast when I started my morning walk.  Then it got darker.  Then it began to rain, right in the middle of a two-hour walk!  I got pretty soaked.  Walking through the park and town in a good rain was kind of invigorating, actually, but I do wish I'd had an umbrella with me.

hmaria1609

Flurries at the moment!
It was windy most of the day here in the metro DC area:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2024/03/blustery-start-to-the-week-with-a-wind-alert-sunday-in-dc-area/
I heard there was a Wind Warning for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in the traffic reports. Any vehicles that couldn't make it safely had to be held until they could do so.

apl68

The rain held off for our outdoor event yesterday evening!  The skies even lightened up enough that people felt secure getting out, so we had a strong turnout. 

All the more something to be thankful for when we consider that elsewhere in the state they had quite severe weather.  There was hail, wind damage, tornado warnings, and flash flood warnings.  As of this morning, almost ten thousand people in the state were without power.  Here it started raining during the night, and it's still going.

Langue_doc

A couple of almost summery days. I wished I had my hat today. There were spots along the walk with teeming bugs, thanks to the warm weather.

FishProf

60s and sunny yesterday, 30s and rainy/windy today.

Lions and lambs? More like llamas and hyaenas.

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

apl68

The rain has moved out.  It looks quite nice this morning.  Maybe I'll even have a chance to ride my motorcycle.

ab_grp

Beautiful day today after some very windy ones.